Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I know I'm late to the game here. I also installed the Ultimate FB's and love them. I'll mention one advantage to them I haven't read yet. When I'm riding for an extended time I can actually stand up and stretch my butt while the bike is moving. Can't do that with traditional floorboards.
    I also recommend the matching rear floorboards. They make an easy mount/dismount for me and my wife.
    Pricey, but worth it.
    I installed highway pegs because on my 2-wheeler I used them all the time. Not so much when I put them on Miss Scarlett, they just kinda extend the foot space a little. But they do look good.
    2016 S6E , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by narygancy View Post
    I know I'm late to the game here. I also installed the Ultimate FB's and love them. I'll mention one advantage to them I haven't read yet. When I'm riding for an extended time I can actually stand up and stretch my butt while the bike is moving. Can't do that with traditional floorboards.
    I also recommend the matching rear floorboards. They make an easy mount/dismount for me and my wife.
    Pricey, but worth it.
    I installed highway pegs because on my 2-wheeler I used them all the time. Not so much when I put them on Miss Scarlett, they just kinda extend the foot space a little. But they do look good.
    I almost mentioned it and then deleted it because I wondered if I'd get flamed. I agree this is a great feature.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Pricey, but worth it.
    Do you have highway pegs with the Ultimate floorboards?
    2023 F3-T , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
    Do you have highway pegs with the Ultimate floorboards?
    I had highway pegs on my 2-wheeler and loved them, so when I purchased the Spyder I thought it would be a good idea. Not so much. My Spyder came with pegs, so when I swapped out for the Ultimate FB's I added the highway pegs at the same time. They look really sharp on the trike, but not of much use. Because of its location near the brake pedal I had to set the right one out farther than planned so it wouldn't interfere with using the brake, which meant, for symmetry I placed the left one out farther too.0
    On the plus side, I can place my feet up a bit higher than if using just the FB's.

2022 (2).jpgupgrades (4).jpg
    2016 S6E , Red

Spyder Garage

I had highway pegs on my 2-wheeler and loved them, so when I purchased the Spyder I thought it would be a good idea. Not so much. My Spyder came with pegs, so when I swapped out for the Ultimate FB's I added the highway pegs at the same time. They look really sharp on the trike, but not of much use. Because of its location near the brake pedal I had to set the right one out farther than planned so it wouldn't interfere with using the brake, which meant, for symmetry I placed the left one out farther too.0
    On the plus side, I can place my feet up a bit higher than if using just the FB's.

2022 (2).jpgupgrades (4).jpg
    I’ve heard some people say that they can just rest their feet on the top edge of the Ultimate floorboards. Anyone else do that?
    2023 F3-T , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

I’ve heard some people say that they can just rest their feet on the top edge of the Ultimate floorboards. Anyone else do that?
    I put my heel on the top edge of the floorboard... legs totally stretched out.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-23-2023 at 05:23 PM. Reason: heal... ;-)
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

Yeah, you can do that. I'm also 6'2", position #5, and I have room to do just that (not with the highway pegs, obviously, although I can rest my feet on top of them if I choose to).
    2016 S6E , Red