Spyder Garage

Default 2011 RS-S SE5 - DPS fault - is it stealing the power?

Hello there. I have a problem with the charging voltage, it happens like this: I start my Spyder, 12.2V at idle. If I turn the steering bar to the maximum left, 13.8V (normal voltage). If I turn it back to straight ahead, the voltage decreases to 12.2V again.
    If I remove one of the three connectors on the DPS, I have normal charging volts, but errors appear on the dashboard.
    Removing the DPS fuse does the same thing.
    And if I take it for a ride this error shows up: Check DPS and VSS, and it enters Limp Mode.
    I think that the DPS steals power... Any ideas?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-18-2023 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Caps, ' 's, & Title Clarification ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Albertuuu View Post
    Hello there. I have a problem with the charging voltage, it happens like this: I start my Spyder, 12.2V at idle. If I turn the steering bar to the maximum left, 13.8V (normal voltage). If I turn it back to straight ahead, the voltage decreases to 12.2V again.
    If I remove one of the three connectors on the DPS, I have normal charging volts, but errors appear on the dashboard.
    Removing the DPS fuse does the same thing.
    And if I take it for a ride this error shows up: Check DPS and VSS, and it enters Limp Mode.
    I think that the DPS steals power... Any ideas?
    The "DPS" has a huge power draw.... I'm not surprised at what you see ...... The earlier Spyders had a big problem with the DPS units and there was a warranty covered re-call. .... A dealer could tell you if one had been done on yours ...... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-18-2023 at 03:21 PM. Reason: hugh... ;-)

Spyder Garage

........ and if it has been done, it may need a new DSP unit from what others has experienced with similar symptoms.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.