Spyder Garage

Default Wondering why pictures get posted sideways?

Is there a reason why so many pictures posted by members in discussion threads are sideways? It is difficult at best to view said pictures. Is this a mistake on the part of the poster attaching pictures, or is it an inherent flaw of the website? Inquiring minds want to know. Well, at least I do.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Below is an answer Peter Aawen added to a similar question
    _________
    The reason you can't post an upright pic is probably (possibly?? maybe?? ) due to the way you held the camera when you took them!

The Forum doesn't like Portrait pics, so if you are taking pics for the Forum on your phone, they tend to work a lot better if you do so using Landscape mode, but to do that, ALWAYS turn the phone anti-clockwise to get there - ie, when you turn your phone from its normal Portrait/vertical mode as you look at it, simply drop the top of the phone to the LEFT in order to put it into Landscape mode. Give that a go & see how it works.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All phones have an Edit mode which allows you to rotate the photo to the proper orientation. Most cameras don't have an Edit mode but your computer has viewing software that does. Eg Windows Photo Viewer. If you can't get the picture orientation correct on this forum you ain't trying hard enough. Go ask a neighbor's kid to help you.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

When using my phone to shoot pictures they are mostly in portrait orientation. If I post directly to the forum they come out sideways.
    Before posting I use windows photo editor and just crop them a little bit- save them and load the edited picture to the forum. Now they come out the correct orientation even though they are still in portrait.
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

See my discussion about it here: It's in the sticky at the top of the General Discussion sub forum.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...entation-issue

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Preview Post is your friend. As is the neighbor's kid or your granddaughter.

What I have observed is many oldsters, including myself, expect a mechanism to function a certain way. And when it doesn't function as expected they give up rather than asking a youngster (or partner) for help. Kinda like the pre-GPS days when men wouldn't ask for driving directions.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

I've found that if the picture is too large (pixels) then the program posts it sideways. You can reduce the size by changing a setting on your phone camera or use one of many programs on-line that can resize it. I've used the PAINT program for resizing. It's easy to navigate and simple to use.

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS