Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Planning a Trip to the Ozark Mountains - any advice?

A friend and I are planning a trip to the Ozark mountains near the end of September. We’ll have 1 full day and two 1/2 days to ride. The Ozarks are new to me, so;

• What are some good motorcycle friendly hotels in the area?
    • What restaurants do you recommend (and not recommend)?
    • What roads are good for our arrival date (coming up from southeast, will have 4-5 hours to ride)?
    • What road(s) for a full day of riding?
    • What road on the way out (will be hauling trailers, leaving to head south around 2)?

Thanks in advance.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    A friend and I are planning a trip to the Ozark mountains near the end of September. We’ll have 1 full day and two 1/2 days to ride. The Ozarks are new to me, so;

• What are some good motorcycle friendly hotels in the area?
    • What restaurants do you recommend (and not recommend)?
    • What roads are good for our arrival date (coming up from southeast, will have 4-5 hours to ride)?
    • What road(s) for a full day of riding?
    • What road on the way out (will be hauling trailers, leaving to head south around 2)?

Thanks in advance.
    The Ozark mtns. cover quite a bit of territory .... could you narrow it down a bit .... like what cities are you going to be near etc. ???? .... Mike

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

No plans at all yet except the schedule - I’m hoping for some guidance. I suppose I’m looking for a hotel near the center of the best riding areas. Since I’m coming from the Southeast (Alabama), I’d hope to stay and ride more on the Arkansas side of the Ozarks.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Rode there a few times always stayed at Harrison Arkansas the Quality inn. You can park right in front of your room if you are on first floor they offer a discount to bikers. Good breakfast. Have cleaning towels in lobby to wipe down bike. They have maps of rides in the area from two hour rides up to eight hour rides all layed out telling distance and things like that love riding out there. Make sure to check to see if there is any event a ogoing on they have some bike events in a town a few miles away. That way you can make sure you get a room. Motel number 870 741 7676. Hope this helps enjoy

Spyder Garage

I don't claim to be an expert on Arkansas but have been going there twice a year for 30+ years and still learning.
    Someone else suggested staying in Harrison and that is probably a good suggestion. I usually stay at Harrison in the fall and Eureka Springs in the the Spring. Highway 7 South out of Harrison, and 23 South out of Eureka Springs and the can't miss first time Arkansas rider roads. After that there are too many roads to mention in one email. If your in Southwest Arkansas then Mena, Arkansas can't be ignored. You need more time than you have outlined so with those limitations I would keep it to Highways 7, 16, 21 and 23. As far as eats are concerned there is the General Store at Oark, Arkansas(East off of Highway 23 South of Eureka Springs) and the Low Gap Cafe West of Jasper, Arkansas on highway 74. Google both of them for an idea of what is available. You need to find a way to extend your visit to a week.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    I don't claim to be an expert on Arkansas but have been going there twice a year for 30+ years and still learning.
    Someone else suggested staying in Harrison and that is probably a good suggestion. I usually stay at Harrison in the fall and Eureka Springs in the the Spring. Highway 7 South out of Harrison, and 23 South out of Eureka Springs and the can't miss first time Arkansas rider roads. After that there are too many roads to mention in one email. If your in Southwest Arkansas then Mena, Arkansas can't be ignored. You need more time than you have outlined so with those limitations I would keep it to Highways 7, 16, 21 and 23. As far as eats are concerned there is the General Store at Oark, Arkansas(East off of Highway 23 South of Eureka Springs) and the Low Gap Cafe West of Jasper, Arkansas on highway 74. Google both of them for an idea of what is available. You need to find a way to extend your visit to a week.
    last I saw, Low Gap Cafe out of business. Ozark in Jasper and Cliff side, N of Jasper on 7 are still open.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    last I saw, Low Gap Cafe out of business. Ozark in Jasper and Cliff side, N of Jasper on 7 are still open.
    Copied from their Facebook Page:

Low Gap Cafe is in Jasper, AR.
    August 3 at 1:39 PM ·
    �� UPDATE ��
    Getting closer, week by week, to opening our doors back up!!!
    If you've driven by the old Forestry Building in Jasper you'll have noticed the new exterior doors, windows, and patio entranceway were completed. Still working on the inside!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

You might want to consider getting a Butler map for motorcycle rides in the Ozarks. They are a heavy duty map that won't tear up easily, have good rides all scoped out, and tips if appropriate... such as it might say: there are 7 very often wet/slick low water crossings on this route, as marked.
    Sure do like ours.
    https://butlermaps.com/motorcycle-road-maps/ozarks-map/
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...he-Ozarks-2023
    Yet to visithttps://cliffhouseinnar.com/ definitely Try N on hwy 7; DeGray lake C87D422E-E0B4-40F2-AB55-B5D94B69F315.jpg 23B9C9A0-07C1-4F58-8862-E632C64DFD90.jpeg
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ide-Guide-maps
    Some of the hairpins you can read your own trailers license plate. Beautiful views all over can be distracting, you & others. Well worth attempting seeing -traviling from both directions. Certain hours (sunrise & set)can be blinding with no chance of something to block the sun. Enjoy by all means. Share when done
    **on the way with bit of historical;Ohio club https://www.theohioclub.com/.
    Last edited by Bfromla; 08-16-2023 at 03:29 PM. Reason: ** Ohio

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

You have plenty of time so check this website: http://https://exploreharrison.com/motorcycling/. My touring sidekick and I spent a week in Harrison this past June riding most all the routes in the annual paper brochure Motorcycle Riding Guide of the Ozarks. We stayed at the Super 8 that was clean an had a friendly and accommodating staff but it's getting a little long in the tooth. Were I to return I would stay at the Quality Inn as Longtimer recommends.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Also well worth swing by Percy AR & visit SpyderPops set an appointment & get something been wanting done

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights