Spyder Garage

Default Early To Bed for my Spyder this season...

Well, in 2 weeks, I have to put the Spyder on the dollies and inthe corner of the garage, in August, with 2 or 3 months of riding left. Shoulder surgery at the end of the month will have me out for quite a while.

I can't complain, we did a lot of fun stuff on the bike this year, touring PA, Deadwood Rally, and a couple of weekend rides. But still, I hate putting it away with days left on the calendar.

So, gives me time to plan..... new tires and service next spring for next year's adventures. And what else can I buy to get ready for 2024............. I'll have plent of time to shop.

I'll keep up here, so I'll have to live through your rides, and maybe reply one handed..........
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Hang in there. Thoughts and go with you.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jesster72 View Post

Well, in 2 weeks, I have to put the Spyder on the dollies and inthe corner of the garage, in August, with 2 or 3 months of riding left. Shoulder surgery at the end of the month will have me out for quite a while.

I can't complain, we did a lot of fun stuff on the bike this year, touring PA, Deadwood Rally, and a couple of weekend rides. But still, I hate putting it away with days left on the calendar.

So, gives me time to plan..... new tires and service next spring for next year's adventures. And what else can I buy to get ready for 2024............. I'll have plent of time to shop.

I'll keep up here, so I'll have to live through your rides, and maybe reply one handed..........
    Hopefully your surgery goes well, and you'll be back at 100% before you know it.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I had Rotator Cuff surgery the beginning of February and was riding in June after my Physical Therapist and Doctor said it was ok. I started with short rides, about 10 - 20 miles and now it's not a problem.

This Cooling machine I felt helped out tremendously with my recovery. https://www.amazon.com/Polar-Univers.../dp/B07H3C5NM7

I don't know if your insurance plan will provide one (mines didn't) but I purchased it at the recommendation of a coworker. I used it as soon as I came home from the hospital continuously for 3 weeks, after that several times a day or when pain persisted. It has a timer that you can set to have it cycle on and off at the recommendation of your Doctor. My Doctor recommended 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. During the off cycles is when I would take breaks. I didn't use any Opioids at all maybe some Advil once in a while but I feel this machine was the reason I didn't need any heavy pain pills.

Wishing you the best during this surgery, do your PT and you will be riding in no time.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

Good luck, listen to your doctor and kick back and you'll be back on that old girl before you know it!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Best wishes on your recovery. Hate that you guys have a limited riding season. Here in South Carolina we are able to ride year round.

Spyder Garage

Jesster72,

Good luck with your shoulder surgery.

I hope you have a speedy recovery.

2024 will be here before you know it.

Take care

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Good luck with the surgery - I know you'll come back hungry to ride - but take your time!!
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I had total shoulder replacement end of February and was doing short rides 10-20 miles by first of May. Still haven't done and extended one yet. Doc said will be totally healed by Thanksgiving. I missed my annual 'guy trip' this year. Boys did a total of 14 days. I am to ready for that yet. Best of luck on your surgery and do all the PT. After you get into PT let me know how you like the 'wall crawl'. Even though I already know your answer. LOL
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Yeah the wall crawl oh what fun...
    2024 RT SEa To Sky ( back ahome after screen issues fixed looking forward to the BajaRon event May 1-5 )

2023 RT Sea to Sky Shadow Green ( guess what NO errors at all in 8 months of owning....)

Spyder Garage

Old girl????? His "girl" was born in 2022! LOL
    we wish him the best for a speedy recovery..
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Wishing you the best. I have a total rotator cuff tear and have been told that nothing other than the shoulder replacement will fix things. But I kept putting if off, in large part because I did not want to miss a riding season, and at 80 years old I can't afford to miss even one season. So for now I'll make do with a damaged shoulder.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

Thanks all - I appreciate your kind words. I am talking to the doctor about the cold therapy, see what his thoughts are - YIRIDE, thank you for that suggestion - I hope the surgeon is on board, and I will order one. I am doing what they are calling "pre-hab" which is PT for before surgery. I'm sore all the time now.

My wife and I have a ride planned for this weekend, then I am prepping the bike for long storage.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Thanks all - I appreciate your kind words. I am talking to the doctor about the cold therapy, see what his thoughts are - YIRIDE, thank you for that suggestion - I hope the surgeon is on board, and I will order one. I am doing what they are calling "pre-hab" which is PT for before surgery. I'm sore all the time now.

My wife and I have a ride planned for this weekend, then I am prepping the bike for long storage.
    Jesster, You will have to use some type of cold treatment after surgery for the swelling. I opted for the cooling machine instead of ice packs and/or frozen vegetables. They installed the shoulder attachment for me before I left the hospital and when I arrived home just connected the hoses and I was ready. I used frozen water bottles instead of ice and had extra water bottles in the freezer to swap out when the current bottles began to thaw out. If you decide to use frozen water bottles don't forget to freeze them the night before the surgery.

I was able to sleep better in a recliner verses propped up on pillows in the bed.

Again, wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014