Spyder Garage

Default Does anyone use Lamonster's F3 Brake Rod with Pegs despite the warning not to?

I picked up Lamonster brake rod for my 2023 F3-S missing the disclaimer part, where they are only supposed to be used with floor boards. I still have the OEM pegs and don't plan on changing those. I installed the rod and it seems to be fine for me; the brake is at the same angle as my foot, so I can now just easily cover the brake or angle forward to engage it. Does anybody else run the rod with pegs? Is there some kind of issue or danger I'm missing?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-09-2023 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question; break; ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wagswvu View Post
    I picked up Lamonster brake rod for my 2023 F3-S missing the disclaimer part, where they are only supposed to be used with floor boards. I still have the OEM pegs and don't plan on changing those. I installed the rod and it seems to be fine for me; the brake is at the same angle as my foot, so I can now just easily cover the brake or angle forward to engage it. Does anybody else run the rod with pegs? Is there some kind of issue or danger I'm missing?

You’d be best asking Lamonster that question. There is bound to be a very logical reason why he would mandate they are only used with boards.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    You’d be best asking Lamonster that question. There is bound to be a very logical reason why he would mandate they are only used with boards.

Pete
    To be fair an admin changed my title. I was really asking if anyone else uses them with pegs. Of course if i asked lamonster they are going to say no, because of their disclaimer on their page now.

Spyder Garage

I’ve been using one for 2 years with absolutely no issues. The break pedal was at a horrible angle for me at first, the Lamonster rod fixed the issue 100% and puts the pedal in the perfect spot for me. I can’t even imagine what issue there would be with the pegs + rod but works perfect for me. YMMV.

Spyder Garage

To be fair an admin changed my title. I was really asking if anyone else uses them with pegs. Of course if i asked lamonster they are going to say no, because of their disclaimer on their page now.
    Sure wagswvu…….But I didn’t suggest you ask them if you should use it with pegs…..of course their answer would be “no”.
    I suggested you call them to find out exactly why they say not to use them with floorboards. That would let you know what the issue would be, so you can make your own call on whether you want to take the risk of using them on pegs

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Sure wagswvu…….But I didn’t suggest you ask them if you should use it with pegs…..of course their answer would be “no”.
    I suggested you call them to find out exactly why they say not to use them with floorboards. That would let you know what the issue would be, so you can make your own call on whether you want to take the risk of using them on pegs

Pete
    Thanks pete, sorry i missed understood. I believe their reasoning is at the bottom of their disclaimer, with pegs the angle of the break is on the same plane as peg, so you cant use whole foot on the break. You can only rock forward similar to motorcycle rear break. but with floorboards, they seem sit at lower angle to pegs, so the angle of break is reduced but still in same motion as the stock. So far i have not had an issue and it seems way more natural to me, but just wanted to get some feedback back.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PredsfanF3S View Post
    I’ve been using one for 2 years with absolutely no issues. The break pedal was at a horrible angle for me at first, the Lamonster rod fixed the issue 100% and puts the pedal in the perfect spot for me. I can’t even imagine what issue there would be with the pegs + rod but works perfect for me. YMMV.
    Thanks, i have a few hundred miles after i added the lamonster rod it feels so much more natural to me this way. Just wanted see if others using it too.

Spyder Garage

Thanks, i have a few hundred miles after i added the lamonster rod it feels so much more natural to me this way. Just wanted see if others using it too.
    Great to see it’s working for you, wags. The brake position is a pain in the backside (or foot) for so many.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.