Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Which Tire Size for the fronts? What size are you running?

I plan in buying a set of Vredestein Quatrac's
    for my 22 F3S. I'm not sure which size to buy. The 165/60R/15 , or the 175/55R/15. I want the speedo error as close to stock as possible. Also the 165 size is rated at 130 mph, while the 175 size is 118 mph. What size are you running? Thanks

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

The spedo doesn't run off the front wheels so that won't affect it.
    2022 Spyder RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmoetorhead View Post
    I plan in buying a set of Vredestein Quatrac's
    for my 22 F3S. I'm not sure which size to buy. The 165/60R/15 , or the 175/55R/15. I want the speedo error as close to stock as possible. Also the 165 size is rated at 130 mph, while the 175 size is 118 mph. What size are you running? Thanks
    The front tires have nothing 2 do with speedometer. The 175/55R/15 are about max on filling the front fender, have this size on my RTL 2020. Rear tire has speedometer, a 215/60R/15 puts you close with the speed error. Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Ok, thanks for the Speedometer info.
    Will tire size effect the VSS ?

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ok, thanks for the Speedometer info.
    Will tire size effect the VSS ?
    Nope, as long as it fits the fenders, it will and has worked. Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm Happy with my 165/60/15's in the front, I have the 205/60/15 on the rear.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your input. I'm thinking I'll go with the same size.

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for your input. I'm thinking I'll go with the same size.
    the 165 size is your best bet .... I have them and love them. Right now an alternative to the Vredsteion rear tire is the General Altimax RT 43 ..... If you have a Tirerack warehouse in your area they had 225/60-15 on sale for $ 205 .... a great tire. .... Mike CORRECTION ....PRICE WAS $105 .....SORRY ..m
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-03-2023 at 10:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the help.

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

Spyder Garage

My F3S has been at the dealership for the front end and handlebar shake since last Tuesday. They installed 2 new OE Tires, but that didn't help. They said they'd try another set. I'm tempted to order the new Vredestein and bring them to them to try, but I'm sure there'd be some kind of hassle with this approach. Just waiting for them to call back with further results. It's going to be raining for the next couple of days, so it's a good time for it to be in the shop.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-03-2023 at 11:46 AM. Reason: fro t ... ;-)

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

Spyder Garage

My F3S has been at the dealership for the front end and handlebar shake since last Tuesday. They installed 2 new OE Tires, but that didn't help. They said they'd try another set. I'm tempted to order the new Vredestein and bring them to them to try, but I'm sure there'd be some kind of hassle with this approach. Just waiting for them to call back with further results. It's going to be raining for the next couple of days, so it's a good time for it to be in the shop.
    #1- your Dealer may not mount Auto tires, call and check first .... #2- Kenda tires are Cr*p, that being the case I'm surprised you found two sets of Kenda's that won't balance !~!!! .... They arn't doing this work for free , ( unless it's still in WARRANTY )....so just do it yourself .... take off the wheels & tires and go to your friendly neighborhood tire place and have them TRY to SPIN balance your Kenda's, They may actually balance .... if so problem solved .... however it may take a lot of weights to do this, which means the Kenda's are defective .... if you get your Vredestein's ON-LINE, don't ask for any assistance or tell them it's for a Spyder ( ie. a motorcycle ) ... they probably will refuse to sell them to you ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

The f3s is brand new only have 900 miles on it so far. I'll see if the dealer can figure it out. If they do, I'm still going to go with new tires.
    I know what your saying about not telling tirerack about the spyder. There's a box you can check on the order page, that says I don't want to tell you what these tires are going on. Thanks for the heads up.

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

Spyder Garage

The 2020+ RT's lost some fender room. You can still get the 175/55r15 in there. But they are a tight fit. The 165/60r15 gives you a bit more room. Important if you want to add fender lighting. Gives some clearance for wiring.

Kenda's are junk. But it may not be the tires. Did anything change between when your Spyder ran true and when the wobble began? A number of suspension components can create this issue.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    The 2020+ RT's lost some fender room. You can still get the 175/55r15 in there. But they are a tight fit. The 165/60r15 gives you a bit more room. Important if you want to add fender lighting. Gives some clearance for wiring.

Kenda's are junk. But it may not be the tires. Did anything change between when your Spyder ran true and when the wobble began? A number of suspension components can create this issue.
    It started on the way home from the dealership the day i picked it up.

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    . if you get your Vredestein's ON-LINE, don't ask for any assistance or tell them it's for a Spyder ( ie. a motorcycle ) ... they probably will refuse to sell them to you ..... good luck .... Mike
    When I bought my last set for the front from tire rack online, I got a call from their "technical center" to confirm that I was wanting the Quatrac's for my Spyder.

I confirmed the order and told them I was surprised to get the call as this tire is one of the most popular ones on our forum and that most people order it from them.

after I could hear the guy's head explode with a long sigh from him, he went on ahead and said they were sending them out. So they know about us in the technical center at tire rack now.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 08-03-2023 at 04:18 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

The f3s is brand new only have 900 miles on it so far. I'll see if the dealer can figure it out. If they do, I'm still going to go with new tires.
    I know what your saying about not telling tirerack about the spyder. There's a box you can check on the order page, that says I don't want to tell you what these tires are going on. Thanks for the heads up.
    I'm glad to hear you " understand about on-line Auto tire purchases " but not all members here do. So I added that reminder ..... Mike ..... Concerning those Kenda's you have ... if they can be balanced and there are no other manufacturing issues - I say just WEAR them out and get the Vredestein's .....Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-03-2023 at 09:15 PM. Reason: SDo ... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    When I bought my last set for the front from tire rack online, I got a call from their "technical center" to confirm that I was wanting the Quatrac's for my Spyder.

I confirmed the order and told them I was surprised to get the call as this tire is one of the most popular ones on our forum and that most people order it from them.

after I could hear the guy's head explode with a long sigh from him, he went on ahead and said they were sending them out. So they know about us in the technical center at tire rack now.
    What you will never know is "did this guy get FIRED after the company discovered He sold you Auto tires 'KNOWING' that it's not legal to do so??!!" .....

"CHC", you've only been here a couple of years ..... but 10 years ago, "Discount Tires" began REFUSING to sell only ONE tire (the Kumho Ecsta 225/60-15) because they became aware that they were being put on SPYDER MOTORCYCLES ...... So some intelligent members here began inventing cars and claiming that's what the Kumho was going to be mounted on ...... Hopefully "Tire Rack" isn't NOW banning selling certain tires just thinking they may go on a MOTORCYCLE ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-03-2023 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

What you will never know is "did this guy get FIRED after the company discovered He sold you Auto tires 'KNOWING' that it's not legal to do so??!!" .....

"CHC", you've only been here a couple of years ..... but 10 years ago, "Discount Tires" began REFUSING to sell only ONE tire (the Kumho Ecsta 225/60-15) because they became aware that they were being put on SPYDER MOTORCYCLES ...... So some intelligent members here began inventing cars and claiming that's what the Kumho was going to be mounted on ...... Hopefully "Tire Rack" isn't NOW banning selling certain tires just thinking they may go on a MOTORCYCLE ..... Mike
    I don't believe they are banning any tires. But I am surprised that Tire Rack sold a tire knowing it was going on a Spyder. Most of them know it's not a problem. But the suits have decided. And that's the end of it. I always get tires on line through the webpage only. You don't have to answer the question about what you are putting the tire(s) on. Only that you confirm that it matches the current tires since you are not purchasing 4. It will let you fly on through unmolested.

I've never had them call me.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 08-03-2023 at 10:32 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

OK. they are going on my Chevy Malibu ...NOT MY SPYDER ! GOT IT!
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 08-04-2023 at 12:29 AM.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I'm glad to hear you " understand about on-line Auto tire purchases " but not all members here do. So I added that reminder ..... Mike ..... Concerning those Kenda's you have ... if they can be balanced and there are no other manufacturing issues - I say just WEAR them out and get the Vredestein's .....Mike
    Yes, if they can fix the shaking issue, I'll run the OE's until they need replacement, but in the meantime I'm ordering 3 tires for the F3S, and have them in my shop ready to go.

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

Spyder Garage

Yes, if they can fix the shaking issue, I'll run the OE's until they need replacement, but in the meantime I'm ordering 3 tires for the F3S, and have them in my shop ready to go.
    I would say that will work for the REAR tire .... the Kenda might last 10 to 12,00 mi. ....however the front Kenda,s, if properly aligned & balanced, could give 24,000 mi .... Tires age and not in a good way .... just sayin .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Just got it back from the shop. They went through 3 sets off tires before they could find 2 decent ones. On the ride home I'm still noticing a little shake in the handlebars, but all in all is good. Spent an hour cleaning off all the old wheel weight tape residual off the wheels Arrrrrr!
    Cleaned the bike, and now I'm going to install the new Route 129 windscreen. Then a nice ride is in-store.

Shad bags
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mike ... one of the benefits of shopping local, at my independent tire shop; they know it's going on a Spyder and they will still order me a single. It may cost me a few $ more, but they can mount and balance the fronts and my local dealer will do the rear (one of the few in this area that will).

Plus ... it helps keep a small business going. I try to shop local when I can .... All the best ... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    Mike ... one of the benefits of shopping local, at my independent tire shop; they know it's going on a Spyder and they will still order me a single. It may cost me a few $ more, but they can mount and balance the fronts and my local dealer will do the rear (one of the few in this area that will).

Plus ... it helps keep a small business going. I try to shop local when I can .... All the best ... Ann
    Ann... I buy Local as much as I can .... My Point WASN"t to promote buying ON-LINE .... But very often buying tires for a SPYDER is difficult because of the limited types that will work.... ( never mind work Well ) .... I also try to buy American as much as possible .....all the best back at ya .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-04-2023 at 10:36 PM.

Spyder Garage

Sometimes Tire Rack doesn't have the 165/60R/15 QUATRAC's in stock, So if ya need to get off of the Kenda stuff ASAP The 175/55/15 Q's will work just fine.
    T.P.