Spyder Garage

Default INNOVV K5 Dash Cam - short video, Mapleton to Nambour Qld Aust.

I should have posted this a while ago, after I installed the Innovv K5 on my Spyder F3S. The only issue I found to be a pain was room. I will post some photos later, but here is a short clip from the Innovv on the F3 riding down the hill from Mapleton to Nambour Queensland; and yes, we drive on the other side of the road. The Mic from the Innovv does record the sound quite well and the DVR records the slow ride fine, even behind the screen the only distortion I can see is on the edges of the front screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDlSHwUMpx4

As I mentioned earlier, I should have popped this up sooner; if it's played back on an iPhone, it also shows the map of where you are riding.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-26-2023 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question; +... ;-)
    2019 Can Am Spyder F3S
    ICSI Ride Hand Brake Kit as my right leg and foot does not work that well due to MS
    The Ultimate F3 Floorboard
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Shad Saddle Bags
    Lamonster F3 PACKRACK
    SHAD 58X in Carbon finish - Expandable TOP Case
    Pedal Box
    IPS Belt Tensioner and Handlebar Riser from Lamonster
    K&N air filter
    INNOVV K5
    Wilbers Nite Line Shocks
    RLS Cat Delete
    Floating Rotors with EBC Brakes for the front
    I am now broke

I Should mention the Boss has a 900 Ryker Ralli next to my bike
    2018 F3S , Monolith Black

Spyder Garage

You were on the wrong side of the road.

Just kidding …

Where did you mount the camera?
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Great video !

Looks like there is no shaking of the camera when you drive, is the camera mounted on a damped mount ?

No way the Aussie roads can be that smooth
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorwegianRT View Post
    Great video !

Looks like there is no shaking of the camera when you drive, is the camera mounted on a damped mount ?

No way the Aussie roads can be that smooth
    Hahaha……if Latrappe has made Aussie roads looks smooth, he must be using some very, very powerful editing software, Norwegian.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    You were on the wrong side of the road.

Just kidding …

Where did you mount the camera?
    I mounted the front DVR, which contains the camera, just behind the front screen. It also has stability control in the DVR, and no, I have not edited it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-28-2023 at 09:45 PM. Reason: thet font; satblity; have have ... ;-)
    2019 Can Am Spyder F3S
    ICSI Ride Hand Brake Kit as my right leg and foot does not work that well due to MS
    The Ultimate F3 Floorboard
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Shad Saddle Bags
    Lamonster F3 PACKRACK
    SHAD 58X in Carbon finish - Expandable TOP Case
    Pedal Box
    IPS Belt Tensioner and Handlebar Riser from Lamonster
    K&N air filter
    INNOVV K5
    Wilbers Nite Line Shocks
    RLS Cat Delete
    Floating Rotors with EBC Brakes for the front
    I am now broke

I Should mention the Boss has a 900 Ryker Ralli next to my bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
    I mounted the front DVR, which contains the camera, just behind the front screen. It also has stability control in the DVR, and no, I have not edited it.
    I bet the mounting position is why it distorts on each side at the bottom. Probably picking up something in the windshields curvature.

Great vid by the way. I love my K5 setup.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
    Thank you for info. I must get me one of those and have it ready for next seasons riding. My current GoPro is a p.i.t.a. with the short batterylife.
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for info. I must get me one of those and have it ready for next seasons riding. My current GoPro is a p.i.t.a. with the short batterylife.
    Norwegian, is there any reason you don’t simply remove the battery and plug the GoPro in via cable? That gives unending recording life and also eliminates any overheating issues.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Norwegian, is there any reason you don’t simply remove the battery and plug the GoPro in via cable? That gives unending recording life and also eliminates any overheating issues.

Pete
    Yes there is m8, I was not aware that you could run it without the battery

I will need a longer cable then, as I have the GoPro on top of my helmet. Find a nice way to let it go from helmet and in front of my jacket down to the usb outlet infront of the glovebox.

Thank you for the tip, I sure will keep the GoPro then !
    Brgds Martin

Spyder Garage

Yes there is m8, I was not aware that you could run it without the battery

I will need a longer cable then, as I have the GoPro on top of my helmet. Find a nice way to let it go from helmet and in front of my jacket down to the usb outlet infront of the glovebox.

Thank you for the tip, I sure will keep the GoPro then !
    Hahaha…….I was able to offer that option as I was unaware of it too until a year or so ago, Martin. Running the cable up to your helmet will be a pain though. Also, be aware that it removes the GoPro “waterproof” guarantee, as the cable access requires you to take the cover off to insert the cable, especially mounted out in the open on your helmet.

My GoPro is protected behind my screen, but I much prefer the view from the helmet as it follows the riders head to see side views. The Sena 10c Pro works well for me as it is a combined video and comms unit off my helmet.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    I bet the mounting position is why it distorts on each side at the bottom. Probably picking up something in the windshields curvature.

Great vid by the way. I love my K5 setup.
    Yeah I mounted it behind the front screen so it picks up the curvature as I find it easier to pop the SD Card out and I dont have tiny mits, being a F3 with a Blue Ridge screen no adjustment I had to put the DVR back a bit, the mike on this the lead which is long enough to to put it in your helmet if you so desire, but I dont really like being attached to the bike in any way.
    I have been Looking at the INNOVV H5 as it has a 5 hour battery Life, you also can use a battery pack in your pocket and its up that way why a helmet camera you may ask? the fixed dash canera deoes not look left and right and due to me having MS so I am hopefully covered.

here are some shots on the install of the K5 you guys may have done it different way as well just let me know.with the Spyder is room yes I could have pushed the K5 it further forward to stop the blur from the edges of screen but I don’t have tiny hands.

The first shot you see the braket to support the DVr withe the second one showing where we are going to put it the third painted and fourt in stalled. sorry there was a problem between the chair a keyboard with the last 2 shots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Latrappe; 07-31-2023 at 05:44 AM.