Spyder Garage

Default Any riders with the Ultimate Tall Boy seat?

I’m 6’5” and I have my pegs on position 5, but I still need some extra legroom. I’m looking at the Tall Boy with a backrest, but I’m curious to see if anyone else has this setup. I’m riding an F3-T.
    2023 F3-T , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have one on my F3T and am very happy with it. I'm 6'2" and go about 230.I have also put on LaMonster's black diamond floorboards. They are in the #4 position.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

I'm 6'4" 240lb and had a custom seat made by Diamond Seats for my 21 F3L. This impacted both leg comfort and seat comfort since the factory seat was too soft. They have several style choices. But most important, you send them your height, weight, and inseam measurements. They choose the best density and seat height. It was a nice improvement and was similar in price to other options. I also changed to the full F3 floorboard from canam spyder accessories. This lets me also change my foot position which relieves legs and also low back during a ride.

DiamondSeat_4.jpg
    Last edited by GRHorst; 07-25-2023 at 09:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNBK View Post
    I have one on my F3T and am very happy with it. I'm 6'2" and go about 230.I have also put on LaMonster's black diamond floorboards. They are in the #4 position.
    The one thing I also like about the Ultimate is that it’s one piece on their pan. As for floorboards, I’m kind of leaning toward the Ulimate from value accessories.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GRHorst View Post
    I'm 6'4" 240lb and had a custom seat made by Diamond Seats for my 21 F3L. This impacted both leg comfort and seat comfort since the factory seat was too soft. They have several style choices. But most important, you send them your height, weight, and inseam measurements. They choose the best density and seat height. It was a nice improvement and was similar in price to other options. I also changed to the full F3 floorboard from canam spyder accessories. This lets me also change my foot position which relieves legs and also low back during a ride.

DiamondSeat_4.jpg
    Sounds similar to a Russell Day Long, which is one of the most comfortable seats I’ve ever owned.

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
    The one thing I also like about the Ultimate is that it’s one piece on their pan. As for floorboards, I’m kind of leaning toward the Ulimate from value accessories.
    I have those floorboards and you will love them.

IMG_20230318_143907256.jpg
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 07-25-2023 at 05:11 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    I have those floorboards and you will love them.

IMG_20230318_143907256.jpg
    They look very well made and should give me plenty of room to move my size 14’s around
    Last edited by Pikester; 07-26-2023 at 05:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

They look very well made and should give me plenty of room to move my size 14’s around
    They worked well with size 15s on my F3, Pikester…..you should love them

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    They worked well with size 15s on my F3, Pikester…..you should love them

Pete
    Thanks Pete! Did you have an RDL seat on your F3?

Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete! Did you have an RDL seat on your F3?
    Hahaha…….I have an RDL on every 2 or 3 wheel bike I have owned since the ‘90s, Pikester. I got sick of trying aftermarket seats and then having to sell or try to return them. I now automatically factor the cost of a new Daylong into every new ride. It adds about $2500aud by the time I source an older seat in the US, and have the RDL shipped out to Aus, but it’s worth every penny to me

Oooooops, sorry for turning that into a sales spiel

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Hahaha…….I have an RDL on every 2 or 3 wheel bike I have owned since the ‘90s, Pikester. I got sick of trying aftermarket seats and then having to sell or try to return them. I now automatically factor the cost of a new Daylong into every new ride. It adds about $2500aud by the time I source an older seat in the US, and have the RDL shipped out to Aus, but it’s worth every penny to me

Oooooops, sorry for turning that into a sales spiel

Pete
    I can’t blame you! When I had my GS1250, I rode to Shasta Lake and Jay made the seat for me in about 6-7 hours. Best seat I have ever owned and the ride down highway 1 was fabulous!!