Spyder Garage

Default Show and Shine at the 3 Wheel Rally in Deadwood

This is a video I took of me preparing to join up for the Show & Shine event at the rally in Deadwood. I tried to record both the action in front of and behind me on the ride downtown. Trouble is I was never sure what I was recording behind me. I just pointed the camera backwards and hoped for the best. There was a snafu that delayed the start of the ride, and once we got downtown there was a bit of a bottle neck as they positioned each rider to back their rides in for the judging. There were three classes of judging, stock, custom and artisan.

I was registered in the stock class but unfortunately I did win. Once I got parked I took a little walk down the sidewalk to view some of the other bikes. Then I popped into Mustang Sally's for a well deserved ice cold beer. Did I mention it was a tad toasty that day?

It was a little difficult trying to hold the selfie stick, swap recording in the front and back, steer the bike and shift gears all at the same time, but I think I managed it pretty well.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the video and for those that have been there before my it bring back fond memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_DYiXrrfeQ
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Greg, Thanks for the video. I've been to Deadwood about 4 times, but never on a bike of any sorts. Did any spyders overheat going that slow for that long of a period?

Bob
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bangorbob View Post
    Greg, Thanks for the video. I've been to Deadwood about 4 times, but never on a bike of any sorts. Did any spyders overheat going that slow for that long of a period?

Bob
    Not that I know of. And it was pretty toasty at the time. My bike stayed dead center on the temp gauge.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the video.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the video. I was planning on coming out to Deadwood this year, but my wife fell (walking around, not off the bike) in May during a group ride to Floyd Va. so we have not done any more riding this summer. She is out of the cast and doing hand/OT therapy to recover. Hopefully she will be ready for some riding by late summer/early fall.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBlevins View Post
    Hey Greg,

Thanks for the video. I was planning on coming out to Deadwood this year, but my wife fell (walking around, not off the bike) in May during a group ride to Floyd Va. so we have not done any more riding this summer. She is out of the cast and doing hand/OT therapy to recover. Hopefully she will be ready for some riding by late summer/early fall.
    That's a bummer. I wish her a speedy recovery.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Heading back to Deadwood next year?
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rickwb View Post
    heading back to deadwood next year?
    no way

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickWB View Post
    Heading back to Deadwood next year?
    No, I think this may well be a bucket list ride for me.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired