Most manufacturers seem to cut costs on the stock seat to keep bike prices down. The stock seats are fine for short rides but torture for me on trips of hundreds of miles/day for a week or more. My wife will only ride on a Russel Day Long seat now. Our first was on a 2003 Suzuki LC1500, we did 50,000 miles on that bike in four years, and never a complaint on comfort. Expensive ? Yes, but spending days on the bike mile after mile never uncomfortable or sore ? Priceless. I've had several of their seats over the years and never been disappointed or sorry. The secret to the RDL is the wide seating area and internal spring suspension. More square inches of support = more comfort and less soreness. The qualifier for me is, how long will I keep this bike, how many years to spread the cost over, and will I be on the bike 8 or more hours a day for multiple days in a row. If yes, then it's worth the cost. My Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor was never going to be a touring bike, I bought their cheap touring seat for $100 for slight improvement. If I'm headed for week or longer trips, an aftermarket seat is worth it. Some guys pay hundreds or more for an exhaust that basically makes more noise and some illusion of a couple horsepower. Every minute I'm on my bike I appreciate the comfortable seat. My last I went with their "sunbrella" fabric, warmer in our chilly winters and cooler in the hot summer sun.

20191111_150345.jpg