full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default How do I post a pic in a new thread? Send me there please

What subforum should I be on to learn how to post a picture to a new thread.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fulltimer View Post
    What subforum should I be on to learn how to post a picture to a new thread.
    Look in the forum support & testing area, at the top there is a sticky How to post pictures click on that and you will see some videos on how to do it. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-on-this-board
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 07-10-2023 at 04:00 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Are you wanting to know how to Start a New Thread (simply open the index page for the Section or sub-forum where you want to put the new thread, then click on the Red + Post New Thread button on the Left just above or below the list of all the threads in that dub-forum ) or how to add a pic into a new post you're trying to add to a thread??

You can add pictures to a post you're making by using the 'Insert Image' button in the menu bar above the text field, but if you do that, then YOU hafta make sure it's not too big to post OR it's so big that it blows out the display (cos if it is, no-one else'll be able to see it! ) or the better option, you can add pictures using 'Manage Attachments' instead of 'Insert Image' - it works far more reliably; does a bunch of re-sizing etc for you; displays the pic as a thumbnail that'll re-size once a reader clicks on it; and works better in a heap of other ways too!

If you aren't sure on how to do this, it is a bit longer method to use, but in my & many other's experience, it's a far surer method, and it's definitely harder to type out the instructions than it is to actually do! So, the doing - either select 'Quick Reply' (or 'Edit' an existing post of yours, bottom Right Corner ) & then 'Go Advanced'; or instead, go straight to 'Reply to Thread'; then simply scroll down past the Text' field to the 'Additional Options' field, which will open the 'Manage Attachments' page; where you select 'Upload Files'; choose the pic you want to add from your chosen source; & then once selected, click on 'Upload' at the bottom of that section of the page. That'll make the image address disappear from alongside the Upload link/spot, but it'll then be listed as attached down the page a bit, just above all the acceptable file types & sizes. You can repeat that in the next 'Choose File' box for another pic, but please, if you want people to be able to see them all, limit yourself to no more than 6 pics per post - if you want to add more, add another post with another 6 images. Once your (up to 6) pics are loaded, you can 'Close this Window' cos they will have been added to your post as attachments & will now appear in the body of your post as thumbnails, so that no matter what size screen your reader has on their viewing device, the post & thread will still open & then their device software will size the image to suit & fit their screen once they've clicked on the thumbnail - and it can still be enlarged if necessary, unlike with some images, where what you see is what you get!

Again, please don't add too many pics per Post - anything more than 6 will likely mean that some recipients may not be able to even open your post &/or possibly not even the entire thread, let alone read it! So if you want to be sure your intended readers can read your post & the subject thread, and that they can see the pics, stick to uploading 6 pics maximum per post - if you need/want to show some more, simply add up to another 6 attachments in the next &/or following post, and so on as necessary!

If you have further difficulties or need a hand to make it happen, you can always send me or any of the other Mods here a PM, & we'll certainly at least try to help!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-26-2023 at 05:27 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!