Spyder Garage

Default Can Am has a secret weapon to increase and add riders to their family!

Yes, there is a well, not exactly a secret, but a wonderful thing that Cam Am has been doing for years, which is the Can Am riding events held at dealerships and other events. I was vaguely aware of these events but had never thought about attending one because I already had a 2009 can am spyder that I have been riding for years.

Well, my 2009 RS has been a great ride, but I am seeing that I might need to investigate getting a newer version of spyder to keep riding. However, I didn’t know if I wanted to get a Ryker, an RT or an F3 version. I signed up for a local Can Am riding event this weekend and I am glad I did it! Yesterday I got to try out the Ryker, the F3 and the RT. The event was held in Bono, Arkansas and sponsored by Jonesboro Cycle and ATV. They have built a huge new facility in Bono, AR, which is beautiful.

It was a wonderful opportunity to experience the newest version of the Can Am on road units and to learn more about their features and benefits. I was impressed by the quality and performance of the vehicles, as well as the professionalism and hospitality of the staff. These vehicles have come a long way since the 2009 model.

I will give a quick rundown on my experiences with each unit for anyone who is looking to buy one (but I urge you to attend a riding event too). First, the Ryker. I thought I might like it because I mostly do day rides with friends and no long tours. No Ryker for me! I didn’t like the feel of it the minute I sat on it. To low, too small and hard of a seat, and uncomfortable! But everyone is different, another rider at this event loved it. The F3 was much better, but different from my RS. I sat lower with my feet forward. I think I could get used to it, but I did miss the ability to stand up while riding or stopped at a red light to take pressure off my butt. The RT was the most comfortable ride out of the three I was on. That was mostly due to the large floorboards that allowed me to shift my legs from underneath me to way out front during the ride. I will have to think about my riding experience this weekend and I am grateful for the chance to ride all three units to help with my decision on my next ride.

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Jonesboro Cycle and ATV for hosting the Can Am riding event at their new facility in Bono, AR. I believe these events held all over the country do make a difference and a positive experience to attract new riders to our Can Am family.
    Last edited by drhunt204; 07-09-2023 at 03:46 PM.

Spyder Garage

The closet one to Vermont is Island Power Sports in Masapeque, New York that have the Can Am Riding events.

The Can Am dealerships here in Vt. have open house events, that draw people in to see the Can Am inventories, and etc.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I attended one of those events while my RT was still on order last year. They gave out a $500 coupon to apply to any new purchase, and I was able to apply that to the bike I already had on order. It was my first true test ride of the style I'd ordered, and a little discount to boot!

It was the best test ride I'd ever gotten for a motorcycle. Almost 40 minutes through all sorts of city and country roads. It was just the Can Am rep and myself. Perfect. :-)

Spyder Garage

Deanna; Glad to see your response to my post. I see you have upgraded your ride! Safe travels!

Spyder Garage

Two2Three; Sounds like you had a great experience on your ride! Mine was with a group of wonderful people. There were four vehicles, plus John, the Can Am Rep. We rode for about an hour through the countryside, with plenty of chances to test the different machines. I also got a discount coupon to use if I buy in the next 30 days!

Spyder Garage

Regarding the F3 feet forward position, you can add a third peg between the rider pegs and the passenger pegs to be able to stand and give some relief to your rear. Should you wish to consider the F3 Lamonster sells the third peg and I believe he also sells floorboards for the F3.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I went to one in Sanford, Maine a couple years ago, it was fun, my Bride was scared I was going to pull the trigger on a new F3, the Ryker was a blast, if I was a solo rider that would be my new ride, I know I could make that a comfy ride for me!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I would be interested in that third peg or floorboards if I get the F3, thanks!

Spyder Garage

I attended those demo days here in Spokane WA, two years in a row. They were what swung me to upgrade my Ryker to an RTL. Unfortunately there are none this year in Washington (the state not the swamp) or any of the surrounding states.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I attended an event last summer. Unfortunately their inventory was really low. They had one RTL and 3 rykers for demo. And to my surprise, they F3 series demo that they had was my 2016 f3T, with 28k miles, that I had just sold to them the week before. It was super clean and in great shape from my trade in. But I was surprised that they hadn't replaced the rear tire that was worn. One guy was in the market and was talking about the bike. I told him, "you do know that this is a used unit don't you?" He said, how did you know. That's when I told him it was mine a week earlier and I was asking $13,500. Now they wanted $16,995. It sold the next week.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by drhunt204 View Post
    Yes, there is a well, not exactly a secret, but a wonderful thing that Cam Am has been doing for years, which is the Can Am riding events held at dealerships and other events. I was vaguely aware of these events but had never thought about attending one because I already had a 2009 can am spyder that I have been riding for years.

Well, my 2009 RS has been a great ride, but I am seeing that I might need to investigate getting a newer version of spyder to keep riding. However, I didn’t know if I wanted to get a Ryker, an RT or an F3 version. I signed up for a local Can Am riding event this weekend and I am glad I did it! Yesterday I got to try out the Ryker, the F3 and the RT. The event was held in Bono, Arkansas and sponsored by Jonesboro Cycle and ATV. They have built a huge new facility in Bono, AR, which is beautiful.

It was a wonderful opportunity to experience the newest version of the Can Am on road units and to learn more about their features and benefits. I was impressed by the quality and performance of the vehicles, as well as the professionalism and hospitality of the staff. These vehicles have come a long way since the 2009 model.

I will give a quick rundown on my experiences with each unit for anyone who is looking to buy one (but I urge you to attend a riding event too). First, the Ryker. I thought I might like it because I mostly do day rides with friends and no long tours. No Ryker for me! I didn’t like the feel of it the minute I sat on it. To low, too small and hard of a seat, and uncomfortable! But everyone is different, another rider at this event loved it. The F3 was much better, but different from my RS. I sat lower with my feet forward. I think I could get used to it, but I did miss the ability to stand up while riding or stopped at a red light to take pressure off my butt. The RT was the most comfortable ride out of the three I was on. That was mostly due to the large floorboards that allowed me to shift my legs from underneath me to way out front during the ride. I will have to think about my riding experience this weekend and I am grateful for the chance to ride all three units to help with my decision on my next ride.

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Jonesboro Cycle and ATV for hosting the Can Am riding event at their new facility in Bono, AR. I believe these events held all over the country do make a difference and a positive experience to attract new riders to our Can Am family.
    Jonesboro Cycle is a really good dealer. Glad you had a great experience there.

Spyder Garage

The Ultimate F3 Floorboards have been a very good addition for my leg/hip/foot comfort. It enables me to shift my foot position very easily.

IMG_5468.jpg

Spyder Garage

Just attended 1 this weekend and rode the 2023 F3L, it was nice but cramped and both of our buts were a bit sore, my wife was so happy to get back on our 2020 RT way more room. I did like the sound of the exhaust, but it seemed rougher felt more of the engine vibration
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome, Semper Fi
    2020 RT
    Limited heated seats
    removable back rest & rack
    XK Glow light
    Paint with light painted panels
    (Gone but not forgotten ) 2009 RS SE5
    2020 RT , Chalk White