Spyder Garage

Default Looking for a 2020+ frame.

Hello all. I am looking for a 2020 or newer frame, does not have to be a rolling chassis. I just need the cradle section. Any info on where I can purchase one thank you. I am looking to build something very special. Thanks
    Last edited by Mosess01; 07-04-2023 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mosess01 View Post
    Hello all. I am looking for a 2020 or newer frame, does not have to be a rolling chassis. I just need the cradle section. Any info on where I can purchase one thank you. I am looking to build something very special. Thanks
    Good luck finding a Frame that doesn't need major re-building ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

All of the frames I've seen were bent beyond repair. That's why they were available. We purchased one to make a shock/sway bar demo apparatus. It's bent but not bad enough to really notice for our purposes. But for anything that you want to ride. Any bend, no matter how slight, is going to be a deal killer. I guess it depends on what you want to do with it.

The Spyder frame is very strong against design forces. But very weak against force which should never be applied. Like a collision.

Damage is almost always concentrated on the front end. Bent A-Arms and main frame structure where the suspension connects.

I'm with Mike. I wish you the best of luck.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I'm looking to try and fit a different motor and tranny into a frame. So it can be bent. Thanks.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-25-2023 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mosess01 View Post
    I'm looking to try and fit a different motor and tranny into a frame. So it can be bent. Thanks.

Not to be argumentative. But if it's bent, it isn't going to track correctly. If it doesn't track, it's not going to handle well, steer well, and it will probably wear tires. It could also throw codes and go to limp mode if you intended to use the Spyder steering components. Also, any bends really reduce the strength integrity. Which I would assume you know and have a plan to compensate for. It just doesn't take much of the wrong kind of force to bend a Spyder frame. I think it may take a lot of work to try and straighten one correctly. The insurance companies don't think it is worth the effort.

I wish you good luck in your venture. There are a number of sellers on eBay parting out Spyders. You might try them. I've not seen a frame for sale there. But it's probably for the same reasons listed above. Plus, you can be sure shipping is going to be very high.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-25-2023 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

The frame is for testing only. It will never see the road again. Please read the previous posts...a frame has been found.. Thank you.

Spyder Garage

If you've found a frame and no longer need this Ad, then please follow the directions in the 'READ FIRST' Sticky at the top of the section to mark the Ad as Sold and close it off.

This is a simple courtesy to other Members/readers so that they don't need to open the Ad and read thru it all only to find out that you no longer need their help!

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...sub-forum-****
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-28-2023 at 04:47 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!