Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If your thinking of Draining the radiator , pull the hose off ..... many folks have discovered the OEM drain often breaks off. ..... No warranty ?????? ...... Mike
    That's what I did when draining my coolant to change it. I removed the basket to get to the hose t-fitting and separated the hoses..it drains easily and I did not have to bleed the system. Just fill it up, start the engine to operating temperature, let it cool and top it off.

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Simple follow up. Brand new oem water pump / thermostat assembly arrived today.

Installed the waterpump onto the engine. Hoses connected. Serviced the coolant with the same batch I recently mixed for the drain, flush, refill a short while ago.

Fired up, ran a bit, idling. No leaks or concerns. Coolant level was at the cold mark after idling for about 15 minutes. Temp never hit the second large bar on the temp gage. Fans never even kicked on. Let everything cool, serviced coolant a bit more, idle and ran again, no heat issues, and again, never got so warm as to kick the fans on.

So back to normal.
    Unlike the first 998 Spyders which seemed to run hot nearly all the time, the 1330 rarely ever turns on the fans, it tends to run cool as a cucumber except on really hot days. Then the fan may switch on if you're stuck in traffic.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-16-2024 at 06:52 PM.
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black