Spyder Garage

Default WOW! Replaced my stock exhaust muffler with 2 off-the-shelf parts for under $20

My 2015 RS SM5 has a flanged discharge on the Cat converter. I don't know how many model Spyders are like this. I bought a Walker flanged adapter part number 41726 (off Amazon) and press fit a cheap DB killer (61mm dia) into it. These are all over Ebay and Amazon for about $10. I added some more holes/slots to the DB killer to help gas flow. I also pinched the upstream end of the inner pipe on the DB killer with the hope that it would be slightly quieter...since there is no straight path for sound to travel out. I am completely happy with the sound and gas backpressure doesn't seem to be a problem (i.e drop in torque)...although I have not tested/measured it. I may add some small holes between inner and outer DB killer pipe diameters. We'll see. I am not a WOT kind of rider anyways and rarely have any desire or need to go over 7K RPM. So, there you go. I'd like to know if anyone else comes up with any other tweaks to my concept. See pix below...
    Attached Images Attached Images