Spyder Garage

Default 2014 Spyder RT-S, Circuit Yellow, in Alabama

A number of hand, wrist, and back ailments have evolved to the point that I can no longer ride my bike in comfort. On top of this, I have recently lost all confidence in my local dealer's ability to maintain my machine. So, it's time to bid adieu to motorcycling after almost 45 years.

One owner 2014 Spyder RT-S SE6 in hi-viz Circuit Yellow. This thing stands out on the road! Total mileage: 43,662

Asking price: $12,000

Accessories include:
    - BajaRon sway bar
    - Lamonster power plate w/two outlets
    - Utopia backrest in matching gray/black
    - Spyder Zone zipper pockets in saddlebags and trunk

From Tricled:
    - Large American flag LED light on rear fender
    - Convex mirrors
    - Front fender LED running lights (red/yellow)
    - Saddlebag LED side marker lights
    - LED turn indicators in mirror housings
    - Foam handlebar grips

Note 1: Instrument cluster replaced at 42,517 miles, which reset the odometer to zero. Bike now has 43,662 total miles.

Note 2: In the interests of full disclosure, I'm offering this bike at a discount because of a minor issue with the rear suspension/air compressor. Compressor cycles frequently, raising and lowering the rear suspension (noticeable at stops). Otherwise, the bike runs just fine. However, because of previously mentioned lack of confidence in my dealer, I am not risking them screwing anything else up (long story). So for the reduced price, you should be able to afford the repair by yourself or at a competent dealer.

Maintenance log and records available.

IMG_20230625_134701225_HDR.jpg IMG_20230625_134736959.jpg IMG_20230625_134803302_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230625_134816054_HDR.jpg IMG_20230625_134830966.jpg IMG_20230625_134903147_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230625_135448137.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-29-2023 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about this ...... sweet looking RT ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

x2
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

For a few bucks you can bypass that compressor and go manual fill!! Just saying!!easy pezzi bump
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Still selling?

To keep your Ad alive, please read and follow the directions in the '**** READ FIRST! How to use.... ' Sticky at the top of the For Sale by Owner sub-forum and linked below:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...sub-forum-****
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

GLWS. That is a great looking rig . Yellow is a favorite for me.

SP

Spyder Garage

Still selling??

Freeby bump if you are; reminder about marking it sold if you aren't.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Bump.

Spyder Garage

Still not sold??

What on earth is going on over there, people?? . This has gotta be a great price on a fine example of what's arguably one of the best year/model Spyder's out there (well, after the 2013's, like mine, of course! ) that's been thoughtfully accessorised; it's got relatively low milage but has been used rather than just left sitting around to deteriorate; and yet it's still here in the Ads and STILL not sold??! Don't forget that it was only AFTER this year/model that BRP's Spyder quality/reliability started slipping; and for those not really into revs & peak power like those of us rev-heads who're still hanging onto our hi-revving V-twins, it's got the big torquey motor with the hydraulic clutch & 6 speed gearbox too; AND did I mention that it's on the market at what's gotta be close to the best price for a Spyder of this year/quality that we've ever seen here! Even if you're not interested in it for yourself (cos clearly, you've already got a Spyder, and no-one truly deserves to own TWO, do they?! ) surely someone has a friend or acquaintance who's been thinking about Spyders & Spyder riding, only they're a bit hesitant to commit because of the up-front cost - so why aren't you pointing them here??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thank you, Peter!

Spyder Garage

Bump. A great deal, just in time for Christmas!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Still not sold??

What on earth is going on over there, people?? . This has gotta be a great price on a fine example of what's arguably one of the best year/model Spyder's out there (well, after the 2013's, like mine, of course! ) that's been thoughtfully accessorised; it's got relatively low milage but has been used rather than just left sitting around to deteriorate; and yet it's still here in the Ads and STILL not sold??! Don't forget that it was only AFTER this year/model that BRP's Spyder quality/reliability started slipping; and for those not really into revs & peak power like those of us rev-heads who're still hanging onto our hi-revving V-twins, it's got the big torquey motor with the hydraulic clutch & 6 speed gearbox too; AND did I mention that it's on the market at what's gotta be close to the best price for a Spyder of this year/quality that we've ever seen here! Even if you're not interested in it for yourself (cos clearly, you've already got a Spyder, and no-one truly deserves to own TWO, do they?! ) surely someone has a friend or acquaintance who's been thinking about Spyders & Spyder riding, only they're a bit hesitant to commit because of the up-front cost - so why aren't you pointing them here??
    I will also make a comment here. I had that exact same year, model, and color. I traded mine off to I-moto on a 20, F3L. Linda drove it the last year since I traded her RT off to I moto the year before on a new 2019 F3L. She got the "newest" F3L of the pair that we owned until this year.

I consider that year, set up, and model my most favorite RT model. We had three of them over the years (2010, 2011, and 2014). I NEVER had any mechanical issues with it. At 46K it was just well broken in. I kept that model 4 years longer than the other RT's I owned. I also consider it the BEST of the RT-years.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Bump.

Spyder Garage

Still selling? What is WRONG with all you prospective Spyder Ryders over there??

Mind you, FB, don't forget that to keep your Ad alive, you need to read and follow the directions in the '**** READ FIRST! How to use.... ' Sticky at the top of the For Sale by Owner sub-forum and linked below:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...sub-forum-****

So here's a freeby bump to keep it up on page 1 of the For Sale Index pages...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-29-2024 at 12:43 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Bump. Still a bargain, folks!

Spyder Garage

Bumped.