Spyder Garage

Default Still a LOT of sway & clunks after installing Bajaron Sway Bar - ideas?

I just installed the Bajaron Ultra Sway Bar.
    Before I changed it, the bike swayed some. Since changing it it sways a lot.
    I also get a clunk sound when I get on it and sometimes when riding.
    I'm thinking I might need an alignment but not sure if that's the only problem.
    I know I can adjust the bar but not sure what the adjustments do.
    Anybody that has installed the bar getting the clunk sound?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-22-2023 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No, that's not normal. Retrace your steps. Good luck.

Alignment is not affected by the sway bar.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Check to be sure the bar ends are installed with the logo correctly oriented and the bolts threaded in from the top. If the bolts are not tight enough, the ends will move on the bar and create a loud clicking sound when you get on or off.
    2022 RT-L , Silver

Spyder Garage

I just talked to ron and he said I need to tighten the bar and it should go away

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know what model you have, mine is a '17RTL. Sway on mine was a failed ball joint, it took the dealership I was using at the time 1 month to diagnose.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-23-2023 at 04:44 AM. Reason: daignose ;-)
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Stand on the foot pegs and rock the Spyder/Ryker back and forth. There should be no Clunking or Clinking sounds.

If there are. The general rule of thumb for a sway bar is;

If it is a clunk (sound of a wooden shoe on a wood floor) it's the sway bar bushings. The large black (for most bars) blocks that the bar passes through. We find that both DYI's and dealers tend to leave these bushing bolts too loose. These need to be tightened until the gap in the bushing block is compressed and a small dimple at the seam is created. Once this is achieved, stop. Do not overtighten these bushing bolts.

We took this of one of our White Bushing Blocks so it would show up better. There should be NO gap at the White Arrow. It's hard to see, but there should be a slight compression dimple at this point. It will be easy to see on the bike and can also be felt. The Red Arrow indicates the Bushing Bolt which needs to be tightened.
    2014RTSwayBarInstall1.jpg

If you are getting a metallic 'Clink'. This is almost always due to loose End Link Connections. Check these to be sure they are tight and that the spacers are installed correctly. (Taper in towards the bearing for Spyder installs)
    LinkInstall2013+.jpg
    Last edited by BajaRon; 06-25-2023 at 07:11 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I had the same "issue" with both of our RT's, turns out it I just needed to snug things up a bit. We are really happy with the sway-bar and would highly recommend the Baja-Ron sway bar kit. As a plus, you get personalized customer support!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KAMJAM View Post
    I had the same "issue" with both of our RT's, turns out it I just needed to snug things up a bit. We are really happy with the sway-bar and would highly recommend the Baja-Ron sway bar kit. As a plus, you get personalized customer support!
    I have been dealing with Ron for a few years. Great customer service