Spyder Garage

Default suggested sticky posting of BRP contact information

I would like to pose the suggestion that a message on how to contact BRP Care for problems with dealers and or repairs be made.

This is the Email address: brp.care@brp.com

this is the problem that I recently sent them:

Sir or madame,
    I have recently experienced problems with my F3-T refusing to shift out of reverse and upshift in forward gears. This has necessitated having it flatbedded to the dealer twice in the last 30 days. There is an expired TSB Roadster 2018-5 that outlines this problem and the fix, which is the dealer is to submit a warranty claim and replace the defective part. This TSB expired 07/31/2021. My question is should this not be repaired via warranty when this problem arises because of a product defect irregardless of mileage and within reasonable time of occurrence. This is a known problem with the paddle shifter. Just because I was lucky enough to get greater than 40,000 miles and be within five years of production when this known problem presented itself, should this not be replaced under good faith by BRP the manufacturer? I feel that I should not have to bear the cost of this expensive parts replacement when it has a failure of function that was known prior to its failure. I will await your decision on this matter.

I also provided them with zip code, phone # and Name of local Dealer and contact person at the dealerships service department.

This was a $1035.00 repair that the dealer claims that they don't have to do under warrenty because the TSB has expired. Just dont seem right

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

And Likely a future Class Action if they don't resolve it. My 3 yr old Ford just got a cosmetic defect recall that has a 10 year, 150,000 mile eligibility.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    I would like to pose the suggestion that a message on how to contact BRP Care for problems with dealers and or repairs be made.

This is the Email address: brp.care@brp.com

this is the problem that I recently sent them:

Sir or madame,
    I have recently experienced problems with my F3-T refusing to shift out of reverse and upshift in forward gears. This has necessitated having it flatbedded to the dealer twice in the last 30 days. There is an expired TSB Roadster 2018-5 that outlines this problem and the fix, which is the dealer is to submit a warranty claim and replace the defective part. This TSB expired 07/31/2021. My question is should this not be repaired via warranty when this problem arises because of a product defect irregardless of mileage and within reasonable time of occurrence. This is a known problem with the paddle shifter. Just because I was lucky enough to get greater than 40,000 miles and be within five years of production when this known problem presented itself, should this not be replaced under good faith by BRP the manufacturer? I feel that I should not have to bear the cost of this expensive parts replacement when it has a failure of function that was known prior to its failure. I will await your decision on this matter.

I also provided them with zip code, phone # and Name of local Dealer and contact person at the dealerships service department.

This was a $1035.00 repair that the dealer claims that they don't have to do under warrenty because the TSB has expired. Just dont seem right

Al in Kazoo
    Just an update, the dealer "didn't realize " that I had extended coverage on my warranty and refunded me $673.00 this morning! But as I have previously contended if the part is defective than it should be made right on the manufacturers dime not the owners.

Al in Kazoo

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Al, I thought the extended coverage, covered work with only a $ 50.00 deduction ????? .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I sympathize. I don't think posting contact information will improve things. I've been asking for an answer to a basic question.

BRP replies without addressing any question.

After a couple more messages I'm given the answer: for a Ryker.

I'm invited to download the Ryker information, a file located on the BRP person's desktop computer, not the BRP server which might allow a download.

Words misspelled. Failure to comprehend simple sentences requesting basic information ("Part number for the Fox Podium shock+coilover spring on my bike?")

It feels like their support people aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. I wonder if some missed the drawer entirely.
    2015 ST Limited; Givi E52 Top Case; Baja Ron anti-sway bar; Cal Sci wind screen; Vredestein Quatracs (front)

Spyder Garage

EH!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Al, I thought the extended coverage, covered work with only a $ 50.00 deduction ????? .... Mike
    You are correct about the $50.00 deductable. They found and fixed a fuel line leak while they had it in the shop. I specifically requested fuel line clamps that would work on a 100psi system from ORieleys, put them on tightened them down and they didn't leak at the time of changing the fuel filter. They failed and were leaking on all three clamps, the shop replaced them with OEM Ochler clamps. Not sure what I'm going to do when I replace the fuel filter on the wifes 2021 RT. Will have a telephone cosultation with Joe Meyer before I tackle that PM task.

Al in Kazoo

2018 F3-T

2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

The latest from BRP customer service is sending me to the dealer, with the promise that the dealer knows more than the folks in Quebec. Doubtful.

And doubtful that the dealer could know less.

The creature at BRP then sent me the names, address and phone number for three dealers in Mississippi.

I live in Oregon.

I've signed all my messages "Steve" and my full name is shown on emails. This last missive had this salutation: "Dear Adam."

Yep. They're not in the drawer.
    2015 ST Limited; Givi E52 Top Case; Baja Ron anti-sway bar; Cal Sci wind screen; Vredestein Quatracs (front)