Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

nightfalcon, I felt the same amount of squirrel regardless of the front shocks. And squirrel may be too strong a descriptor. From what I understand, since the Ryker is narrower than cars it can tend to hunt between the crown and the defined tracks on worn pavement. That's about all we have here at home and so I noticed it immediately. But put it on a newly surfaced and paved stretch and it's straight as a string. The BajaRon sway bar and end links made all the difference, I could tell it was a different bike before I'd travelled a quarter mile.

Here are those accessory plugs under the left side panel, with the male and female connectors:

IMG_0789.jpg Ryker accessory connectors.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg close up ryker accessory plug.jpg

I wasn't sure about using the connectors, so I cut the plug off and went straight to the wires.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greer View Post
    nightfalcon, I felt the same amount of squirrel regardless of the front shocks. And squirrel may be too strong a descriptor. From what I understand, since the Ryker is narrower than cars it can tend to hunt between the crown and the defined tracks on worn pavement. That's about all we have here at home and so I noticed it immediately. But put it on a newly surfaced and paved stretch and it's straight as a string. The BajaRon sway bar and end links made all the difference, I could tell it was a different bike before I'd travelled a quarter mile.

Here are those accessory plugs under the left side panel, with the male and female connectors:

IMG_0789.jpg Ryker accessory connectors.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg close up ryker accessory plug.jpg

I wasn't sure about using the connectors, so I cut the plug off and went straight to the wires.

Sarah
    There's two plugs?

Do you know if they are fused to the fuse box? or did you add your own fuses into the circuit?

I added a seperate fuse box on my tiger for accessories which was very handy. Also meant I didn't need to screw with the stock wiring.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Yep, two plugs. I didn't add any fuses, just cut off the plug and connected straight to the wiring. I would guess the plugs are fused, there's the little sticker there indicating max draw.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Picture of what it should look like with the accessories I've ordered.

download.jpg

Spyder Garage

Rarin' to go! Any timeframe on delivery?

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

They said next Thursday as they're still waiting on the accessories to arrive. Then it's a 6hr round trip to pick it up with a car trailer. Will be a month or two before I'm fit enough for a short ride, then I'm having more surgery to fit my new leg. I'm picking October before any real expeditions. Gives me plenty of time to sort Pannier racks, GPS and some other nick nacks.

It's been a long journey for us but to be able to ride and walk again will be incredible. The Ryker has made half of that equation possible.

Spyder Garage

I can't imagine what a long, hard road but I am so glad things are looking brighter with good things ahead. I hope you'll keep us posted as you begin sorting your Rally. Speaking of, Can Am uses those hateful Torx fittings all over the bike, make sure you're stocked in wrenches. And you'll need that whopper 65mm socket for the wheel nuts, best price I found was on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GPRJ9PT...roduct_details

Or since you're buying a new bike, maybe you can work the can Am socket into the deal. Next Thursday, it won't be long now!

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

So I've completed my left heel support for my prosthetic leg. It fits right over the Rally peg and bolted straight back onto the bike. I wanted to keep the rally pegs arch support for better standing stability and couldn't find anything on the market...plus I only need one.

IMG_4301.jpg

I have an almost new pair of Sidi Crossfire boots from my previous life, but the prosthetic foot is difficult to extract from them so will have to see what I can do to address that. I could sell the boots but I like the protection they offer my remaining leg (as well as the electronics in the bionic limb) and would likely have the same problem with any other boot. They do open up pretty well so not sure why the foot gets so stuck in them?

Will post up some of my other mods as I complete them....hopefully this thread will be helpful to any other disabled Can Am riders.

Spyder Garage

Fitted gear lever today.

IMG_4305.jpg

Spyder Garage

As mentioned on AdventureRider, you're apt to find a market for that heel support, if you'd want to put it out there.

Wonder if that Sidi boot would be easier off and on if you slipped a plastic bag over the foot?

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greer View Post
    As mentioned on AdventureRider, you're apt to find a market for that heel support, if you'd want to put it out there.

Wonder if that Sidi boot would be easier off and on if you slipped a plastic bag over the foot?

Sarah
    that's a great idea Sarah, will give it a try.

Spyder Garage

Are there any shoe repair shops around that could modify that boot to fit your foot?
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalcon View Post
    that's a great idea Sarah, will give it a try.
    If the plastic bag bunches up to much, Try a silk sock or a motocross sock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Are there any shoe repair shops around that could modify that boot to fit your foot?
    Yeah that may be where it ends up. I can also get my prothesitist to look at a slightly smaller foot. I do like the protection quality mx boots offer so will make them work somehow.

Spyder Garage

nightfalcon, think you might scroll down to General Discussions and post up a link to this thread in the Enabled Spyderlovers sub-forum? That'd make it much easier to find for those folks needing help.

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Nightfalcon
    The USB/ACC is one fuse. I have connected strobe lights and other accessories to that circuit. This circuit is turned off by the computer after shutting down. Worst-case you could wire a 12 V relay to the jack and have the relay switch connect to the battery via a fuse sized like 10A depending on current requirement of the heaters. This way you can switch higher current and still have computer turn off power, so you don't get a flat battery.

In my case regarding ground clearances, I just made my own skid plates under bike and improved grill with a metal grill. I ride off road at times and on dirt/gravel roads, sometimes the grill/skid plate meets up with the ground especially when center of road is higher than the 2 tracks. But I have metal fighting gravel and metal wins!

Spyder Garage

Fitted some other bits to the Rally, just need the weather to play ball for my inaugural ride :-)

IMG_4321.jpgIMG_4322.jpg

Spyder Garage

Middle of next week is looking good. Hell yes. Enjoy your ride.

https://metvuw.com/forecast/forecast...ni&noofdays=10

Spyder Garage

So I've done my first ride. Came back with me and the Rally in one piece, although the right rear indicator was almost ready to fall off...assemblers hadn't tightened that up too well! Was great to finally get out and enjoy my bike.
    IMG_4330.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-28-2023 at 10:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

Sarah
    2022 Ryker Sport

Spyder Garage

Good work.

Spyder Garage

Ready 2 Ryde!

2022 900 ACE , Black/Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalcon View Post
    So I've done my first ride. Came back with me and the Rally in one piece, although the right rear indicator was almost ready to fall off...assemblers hadn't tightened that up too well! Was great to finally get out and enjoy my bike.
    IMG_4330.jpg
    Awesome!
    Thoughts? Did it satisfy the itch?
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-15-2023 at 02:36 AM.

Spyder Garage

Fitted full size rear guard to my Rally.

IMG_4368.jpg