Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Is this Fender Alignment worth worrying? Any fix ideas?

Greetings

I'm the third owner of my Spyder. I've noticed that the fenders don't cover the tires equally, i.e. one fender covers the entire tire; the other leaves .5-.6 inches of tire uncovered. A ruler held vertically next to one tire matches the fender edge perfectly. The other side shows the tire out from the fender and a vertical ruler doesn't touch the fender at all.

The photos do a better job than I can with words. Take a look. (The center photo, right front wheel, is properly aligned I think. First and third are the left side, with tire protruding out past the fender's coverage. Camera angle is sort of wonky but I think it's visible.)

1. Is this worth worrying about? (I do like things rightly done.)
    2. Is this the result of bad wrenching or bad driving, that is, did the driver hit something that knocked one of the fenders out of alignment or did a technician do this, not paying attention or thinking about a hot fudge sundae or the upcoming vacation on the beach?
    3. Whatever the cause, if I do decide I want the left to match the right, can anyone point me in the right direction for fixing this wee problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Columbia; 05-14-2023 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)
    2015 ST Limited; Givi E52 Top Case; Baja Ron anti-sway bar; Cal Sci wind screen; Vredestein Quatracs (front)