Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone used Pinlock Ear Plugs? Are the industrial plugs better?

I bought a set of Pinlock ear plugs at the bke shop recently and could not believe how much less fatigued I was after a shortish 300km ride.

On the weekend the little red bits in the centre fell out of both (mates suspect they are rattling inside my head somewhere and have doubled my IQ ) Before I buy another box I wanted to see if anyone has used Pinlock's and industrial ear plugs to know if the industrial ones are better. I do have an intercom, but am eager to continue using the some sort of hearing protection.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-07-2023 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question/s... ;-)
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I used to wear the military issue ear plugs and the intercom headset on the C-130s. It stopped a lot of the engine noise, and I could still hear the crew intercom. In the cargo compartment with two 4,200 HP turbo-prop engines on each side of you, the noise is not just sound. It is pure power vibrations that rattle your brains for hours at a time. When the pilot shuts the engines down, after the mission is over, the silence is scary.

I have worn ear plugs on the bikes, mostly to stop the wind noise.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    I used to wear the military issue ear plugs and the intercom headset on the C-130s. It stopped a lot of the engine noise, and I could still hear the crew intercom. In the cargo compartment with two 4,200 HP turbo-prop engines on each side of you, the noise is not just sound. It is pure power vibrations that rattle your brains for hours at a time. When the pilot shuts the engines down, after the mission is over, the silence is scary.

I have worn ear plugs on the bikes, mostly to stop the wind noise.
    Thank you for your service.

Yes I can imagine they'd be wee bit loud to be around. I used earplugs when I worked in a coal fired steam driven power station, and havent been there since 2001. The pinlocks are great, but I can buy 100 industrial ones for the same prices a 2 pack Pinklock.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

I use Alpine MotoSafe Race Motorcycle Earplugs. Got them on Amazon. They work great and still allow me to use my Sena 50S.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

I think that just about any industrial ear plug would work just fine, and I would think they would be cheaper also! I would be concerned where that little red piece went!!! Swallow hard three times.
    Last edited by Mikey; 05-08-2023 at 05:29 AM.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I've been wearing just foam ear plugs and can still hear music and wife over the coms.
    Ear plug's are made to deaden the white noise that affects hearing.
    These are what I've been using for the longest time.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IZCHYH2...t_details&th=1

Spyder Garage

I currently am using the soft silicon ear plugs for Amazon. They are cheap and effective. I have good luck with the foam industrial type as well. I spent big money on a pair of specialty motorcycle earplugs once and will never do it again. They weren't a lick better than what I am using now. The ones that SLICE has listed above work great too.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

The military earplugs we used looked just like these. The same ones are on Amazon for about $8 US and come with the carrying case that will clip to a button hole with the bead chain. Probably can get them from the local pharmacy too. They are washable and last a long time. Don't ever remember wearing them out. Usually lost them or left them clipped to a shirt that went to wash. We had a whole drawer full of them in the crew alert lounge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use these and love them.
    https://www.earpeace.com/

Here is a direct link to moto plugs
    https://www.earpeace.com/products/copy-of-moto-original
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I use decibullz, they are semi-custom and a whole lot cheaper. I prefer them to the foameeze on long rides as they are much more comfortable
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-10-2023 at 06:41 PM. Reason: ae, yi, logn, & rids... ;-)
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

I buy a handful of these now and again.

Corded silicone earplugs.

PLUGS 1929308707.jpg p 2 1929308690.jpg
    2017 F3 Ltd