Spyder Garage

Default Would this be Compressor noise? On a 2022 RT S2S....

Hello

So today I rode the Can Am RT Spyder and for about 30 seconds it sounded like a compressor was on. I know the Spyder has a compressor but after riding it for 400 miles since they put this new compressor in, this is the first time I've heard a noise this loud? I know the sound of the fans for the cooling system, but I find this interesting because could this be the first time the air compressor for the suspension actually came on? I have no idea, so if anyone has any info on this, I would appreciate it. FYI no code lights came on during the 30 seconds of noise that I heard.

Thank You

JD
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-06-2023 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Merged threads & expanded title to briefly state the question. ;-)

Spyder Garage

Default Compressor noise on an 2022 RT STS ?

Hello

So today I rode the new can am RT spyder and for about 30 seconds it sounded like a compressor was on. I know the spyder has a compressor but after riding it for 400 miles since they put this new compressor in this is the first time I heard a noise this loud ? I know the sound of the fans for the cooling system but I find this interesting because could this be the first time the air compressor for the suspension actually came on ? I have no idea so if any has any info on this I would appreciate it . FYI no code lights came on during the 30 seconds of noise I heard .

Thank You

JD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JDTOLLAND View Post
    Hello

So today I rode the new can am RT spyder and for about 30 seconds it sounded like a compressor was on. I know the spyder has a compressor but after riding it for 400 miles since they put this new compressor in this is the first time I heard a noise this loud ? I know the sound of the fans for the cooling system but I find this interesting because could this be the first time the air compressor for the suspension actually came on ? I have no idea so if any has any info on this I would appreciate it . FYI no code lights came on during the 30 seconds of noise I heard .

Thank You

JD
    I am new to this, so somebody please correct me if I am wrong. The compressor coming on is a higher pitch for a shorter time than the cooling fans. Also, the compressor lacks the distinct "whooshing" sound of the fans.

Chip
    2020 RTL
    "Stella by Starlight"