Spyder Garage

Default Just Wondering...

Has anyone accomplished an Iron Butt, 2-up with their spouse, on their Spyder? I looked up the site for the "Official" accomplishment, but that seems much to complicated and over-burdened. Kjen and I are looking to do one this month. The weather is just perfect, so we could do one without getting roasted by the sun. We won't go "in the book", but we will have known that we did it on the honor system.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    The weather is just perfect, so we could do one without getting roasted by the sun.
    Oh Sure!!! Rub it in (that is, your great weather) for us Northern folks!!!

Have a GREAT ryde!

(I need to move...)

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

LOL no... can't manage to talk Harley Hubby into riding on the back of my spyder! hehehe wonder why?
    Wow what a ride!! Love my spyder!!

Spyder Garage

Default I have done

about 4 different IB runs, on an ST1300, on a GL1800 and on an GL1800 Trike but not on the Spyder. I am not sure what the issue is with the documentation to complete the requirements. I frankly like the idea that you have to document the ride with receipts, map, etc ... it should not be easy to receive the award by simply saying you did it.

The hardest ride by far was the 1500 miles in 24 hours. I also did the coast to coast to coast in 91 hours, that was actually easier than the 1500 mile run.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Monkei View Post
    about 4 different IB runs, on an ST1300, on a GL1800 and on an GL1800 Trike but not on the Spyder. I am not sure what the issue is with the documentation to complete the requirements. I frankly like the idea that you have to document the ride with receipts, map, etc ... it should not be easy to receive the award by simply saying you did it.

The hardest ride by far was the 1500 miles in 24 hours. I also did the coast to coast to coast in 91 hours, that was actually easier than the 1500 mile run.

I have no issues with the documentation, I was just raised on an honor system. We don't care about a pin, etc., just want to do it.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

I have no issues with the documentation, I was just raised on an honor system. We don't care about a pin, etc., just want to do it.
    I've done many IB's but never did it for a pin or plate, just for me.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Butt then I always agree

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I did 3 Iron Butts on my Spyder: 1K, 1.5K and 50CC. In order to repeat those with my wife, daughter or friends...only if they are heavy sedated!
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

We've done two on our Spyders and didn't complete the documentation or apply for the pins as those things aren't important to us. Next spring or summer, our associate pastor wants to do an iron butt on his Goldwing and I told him I'd ride with him. At that time, I may get the "official" iron butt as he is wanting to get it fully documented so I can just "tag along" with him and his paperwork.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

What would be cool is if all us east coast SpyderLovers could all meet together next year somewhere and head west and get at least one documented IB in. We could have the largest group of Spyders doing a IB at the same time.

Spyder Garage

What would be cool is if all us east coast SpyderLovers could all meet together next year somewhere and head west and get at least one documented IB in. We could have the largest group of Spyders doing a IB at the same time.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

CC50 on I-10.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

That would be very cool Lamont. That would be sure to make headlines somewhere.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    CC50 on I-10.

Spyder Garage

Wow! You guys GO!

Now if I were to do an Iron Butt w/ HDX, I'd have to find a way to mount a mini TV in my helmet to keep me entertained . I'd also need one of those camelbacks where I could put some wine in there. I don't think I'd want to be the rider, I wouldn't mind sitting on the back and relaxing - that way I could take naps. That is an awful long time to ride w/ no rest! Good luck to you guys and have fun!

Has anyone accomplished an Iron Butt, 2-up with their spouse, on their Spyder? I looked up the site for the "Official" accomplishment, but that seems much to complicated and over-burdened. Kjen and I are looking to do one this month. The weather is just perfect, so we could do one without getting roasted by the sun. We won't go "in the book", but we will have known that we did it on the honor system.

Spyder Garage

I've done a couple by myself, but the Spyder is the first vehicle that is comfortable enough for me to think about doing it with my wife, and her possibly saying yes. The Spyder group IB sound like a great idea. I'll watch for further info.
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Very Active Member GaryTheBadger's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

How about a Guinness World Record for the most Spyders in a caravan on public roads?
    Enjoying now: 2015 Spyder F3 SE6, 1970 Indian MM-5A, 1972 Suzuki RV90J Rover, 2017 Indian Chieftain (wife's)
    Wish-I-had-kept-them: 2008 Spyder GS SE-5, 1967 Shelby GT500 w/Paxton supercharger, 1972 DeTomaso Pantera, 1991, 1992 & 2001 Acura NSX's, 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer, various 2-, 3- and 4-wheelers
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheBadger View Post
    How about a Guinness World Record for the most Spyders in a caravan on public roads?
    I think they Angeles Crest ride in LA this past summer has that record right now. There were Spyders in a line that seemed to go on without end.

I would be up for a group Spyder iron butt ride and we'd do it two-up!
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wow what a challenge this would be. We, my spouse and I have done this an ULtra with all the bells and whistles and that was a tough one for her however I am certain that at this time I would not feel too comfortable on the untill I could get a really confortable rear seat with armrests, new placements of the rear footpegs and a lot of wishful thinking on my part to do this. (a RS that is). Two up on the RS is a challenge for such a distance (the RT would probably be a lot different, can't wait for my ride in a couple of weeks with BRP).

If you go for it and get it done, more two the both of you, it will be a great adventure and I am sure you will post the ride for us to enjoy. Good luck to you both.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default What about the IBA Rally...

I think it is time for the Spyders to be represented in the 2011 Iron Butt Rally. There has to be someone out there up for such a challenge....

Spyder Garage

That rally sounds very interesting to say the least. It is almost like the adventure races my friend puts on, but done on motorcycles instead. It may be a while before I can get enough vacation time to participate in something like this, but it does sound like something to plan for in the future.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods