Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default thoughts, Apache tracks on the front of a spyder?

Im hacking around the idea of putting some Apache tracks on the front of the spyder and a studded tire on the back for snow use. any thoughts?? Snow is coming here in New England. Maybe ski's

Spyder Garage

LOL, I've had several question my Spyder as just being a snowmobile with wheels... now you want to go backwards?

Will tracks add any advantage on the front if they are not driven? I'd think skis would do the job - but the nanny is going to get upset with no sensor signals from the front. At least tracks would keep the nanny at bay; or remove and tie up the rear sensors too...
    '08 SE5 #123 - Red - F1 Slider - BRP Comfort Seat - Spyder City 3" Riser

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quantumleap39 View Post
    Im hacking around the idea of putting some Apache tracks on the front of the spyder and a studded tire on the back for snow use. any thoughts?? Snow is coming here in New England. Maybe ski's
    I think that the Nanny will be a real difficult to defeat in this instance and may cause you more trouble than you are expecting, I admire folks that try mods however I think in this case it may work out in the long run better to buy a used snowmobile and not mess up your warrenty and

If ya go ahead and do it please be sure to keep us informed of the progress and post the pics, good luck to you whatever you decide.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've had two different people tell me that they've seen a snowmobile conversion for the Spyder in a magazine. I think they're full of carp, but it was strange that two different people said they actually saw it themselves.
    Happy 2009 Roadster Red SM5 Owner
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust w/P1X Tips | Two Brothers Juice Box | KewlMetal Intake | Amber Fender Tip Lights | Fog Lights | SilverStar Headlights | Trunk Liner | 12v Acc. Plug | BRP Comfort Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by j45p3r View Post
    I've had two different people tell me that they've seen a snowmobile conversion for the Spyder in a magazine. I think they're full of carp, but it was strange that two different people said they actually saw it themselves.
    Not quite what you saw... but... http://www.streetlegalsleds.com
    Mark

Mark "Spyderman" Adams
    ------------------------------

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VIspyderman View Post
    Not quite what you saw... but... http://www.streetlegalsleds.com
    I actually think this is what they saw and somehow confused them with Spyders.
    Happy 2009 Roadster Red SM5 Owner
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust w/P1X Tips | Two Brothers Juice Box | KewlMetal Intake | Amber Fender Tip Lights | Fog Lights | SilverStar Headlights | Trunk Liner | 12v Acc. Plug | BRP Comfort Seat