Spyder Garage

Cool What's needed & how to move the Passenger Foot Pegs?

Howdy do to all, from sunny Phoenix, AZ.

Teaching my wife to ride my big boy toy, my 2020 Spyder RT Limited. Getting her ready to solo with a bunch of ladies riding solo from Phoenix to Kanab, UT in September. So I am letting her drive, with me riding in back. I find my arthritic back protests [loudly] after about an hour, and changing my foot position to the front floorboard does help. I want to experiment with different heights of the foot pegs now.

So: what tools do I need? What's the process?

TIA
    Ride safe; shiny side up, greasy side down.

best,
    linguine

2020 RT Limited , Chalk Gray

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by linguine View Post
    Howdy do to all, from sunny Phoenix, AZ.

Teaching my wife to ride my big boy toy, my 2020 Spyder RT Limited. Getting her ready to solo with a bunch of ladies riding solo from Phoenix to Kanab, UT in September. So I am letting her drive, with me riding in back. I find my arthritic back protests [loudly] after about an hour, and changing my foot position to the front floorboard does help. I want to experiment with different heights of the foot pegs now.

So: what tools do I need? What's the process?

TIA
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the old'in days .... a member here needed rear foot-peds for His 6 year old to ride legally as a passenger on a GS model.... I designed and built Him a set..... I am not familiar with your year & model, so I can't recommend a fix..... your using the front boards sounds dangerous for both of you .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

One 10mm bolt hold the Passenger floor boards in place, They come set in the lowest position from the factory.(You can only go up).

There is a company (https://www.canamspyderaccessories.c...t-2020-and-up/) These will give you more that enough adjustment for your riding comfort.

Stephan.