Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    I’m shopping for an F3 and budget wise most of the F3's I am looking at put me in the '15 or '16 model years. Do those first year F3's have any reliability issues compared to newer models? Something that scares me a bit is all the electronics that are in the Spyders and I'm worried that age will cause issues, and honestly, all the dealers around me have sketchy reviews...
    I have a 2015 and never had any trouble at all.

Spyder Garage

I know bajaron gave some good advice about what to look for in buying used with such low mileage. Anyone else have any thoughts or experiences to share. Its local and they took it to a can am dealer close to my house for an oil change and inspection.

I am having a hard time finding anything in Ohio for a decent price. I keep seeing base model f3 locally with 10k miles for $16k… I am not scared by the 10k miles.. but the $16k price is prohibitive. I did see one locally with 32k miles and went to check it out buy he had painted stuff weird and the shocks seemed done. So for the price (11k) it didnt seem to be a good buy to me. I know that other members have seen deals in other places but i just dont have the time to fly to georgia and ride it back right now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tntnj View Post
    I had a 2017 F3 LDT No issues. I only sold it to get a Freewheeler ( hated it). I sold that after 6 months and bought a 21 RT base (no issues with the RT) and not regretting it in the least.
    Just out of interest, what didn't you like about the Harley Freewheeler?

Spyder Garage

I have a 2015 F3S with 70K miles on it and the only issue I've had other than normal maintenance/wear & tear is the front sprocket issue. I was even good on that until about 50K miles. I'm now on my third one which is supposed to be the "final" recall version. If I get another Spyder, it's going to be another F3S but I'm debating just riding my current one until it dies.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dondje View Post
    de...The only ones I would be leery of are those with real low mileage. To me, that means they were not loved. So probably not well taken care of either. Time unused is often more of a killer, than high miles.

Regards,

Don
    OR... You live in a state that has winter conditions 5 months a year...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman2018 View Post
    OR... You live in a state that has winter conditions 5 months a year...
    November - March? That just means more layers and more fun with snow and ice on the road. ;-)
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black