Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Just bought a Noco Lithium Battery Maintainer

Came in the mail today I decided the one volt model would be just fine only $29 @ amazon. Was quite surprised when reading the instructions, I needed a magnifying glass to do that. They are quite complicated compared to any of my other Maintainers. Also, I got a deal ($120.00) on a new Noco NLP20 battery, but that was from another supplier (not Amazon) ..... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2024 at 11:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

I bought this one, 12k+ good reviews, for $18. Of course, I won't know if it's any good until I quit riding so often, and it lets me down, lol.

https://a.co/d/hzoPp5b
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2024 at 10:36 PM.
    2019 Spyder RT Ltd. Bought in Jan 2024. Can-Am states only.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Came in the mail today I decided the one volt model would be just fine only $29 @ amazon. Was quite surprised when reading the instructions, I needed a magnifying glass to do that. They are quite complicated compared to any of my other Maintainers. Also, I got a deal ($120.00) on a new Noco NLP20 battery, but that was from another supplier (not Amazon) ..... Mike
    I've got the same maintainer, and it works good.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-01-2024 at 11:53 PM.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen/ some time's
    Pedal Box Pro
    Spyderpops A- Arm LED Lights
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmoetorhead View Post
    I've got the same maintainer, and it works good.
    Thanks .... I finally figured out " how it works " ..... I then tested it out on a couple of Auto batteries ( non lithium ) ... it can do just about any type of battery ..... I get my NLP20 in a few days ... this will be my first Lithium used in a Spyder ......Mike

Spyder Garage

So I got the Battery , put it on the NOCO charger, it went to full charge in an hour ..... today I put it in using the supplied spacers ( 3 ) and went for a ride ( to the store ) ..... fired up instantly .... unlike my 5 year old Yuasa .... Glad I went LITHIUM ..........Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    So I got the Battery , put it on the NOCO charger, it went to full charge in an hour ..... today I put it in using the supplied spacers ( 3 ) and went for a ride ( to the store ) ..... fired up instantly .... unlike my 5 year old Yuasa .... Glad I went LITHIUM ..........Mike
    Just be certain to accomplish any and all checks if the instructions specify so. Even though there should be no compatibility concerns, voltage checks should be done, especially on older with the 1330 to ensure no charging system clutch slippage.

Ours had every check done and all values witnessed were midway between min and max. Even static checks showed no concerns dropping voltage.

Enjoy it.

Best part, no need for a maintainer except maybe twice a year to balance the battery.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Just be certain to accomplish any and all checks if the instructions specify so. Even though there should be no compatibility concerns, voltage checks should be done, especially on older with the 1330 to ensure no charging system clutch slippage.

Ours had every check done and all values witnessed were midway between min and max. Even static checks showed no concerns dropping voltage.

Enjoy it.

Best part, no need for a maintainer except maybe twice a year to balance the battery.
    .... The NOCO charger is complicated compared to any other maintainer I've ever owned. .... So everyone READ the instructions carefully ....Mike .....

Ps: I didn't realize the NOCO is guaranteed for 5 years!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-05-2024 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Many have difficulties reading fine, coloured fonts! :-/