Spyder Garage

Default Anyone installed a Turn Signal Audible alarm? 2017 F3T

Has anyone managed to install an audible alarm into the turn signal circuit, 2017 F3T?
    If so, instructions would be appreciated.

Baz
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-27-2022 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question

Spyder Garage

Be careful what you ask for; one of the older bikes I have had one installed when I first got it. Those are so annoying; I tore it out after the first ride. Install some easier to see LEDs someplace to remind you to cancel them when the auto-cancel is not quick enough to suit you. (like when changing lanes or curves that don't actuate the auto cancel) Our 2014 RT-L had a strip of amber LEDs on top of each mirror when we got it used. I love how easy it is to be reminded to cancel the turn signal when only needed for a few seconds to change lanes, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BazF View Post
    Has anyone managed to install an audible alarm into the turn signal circuit, 2017 F3T?
    If so, instructions would be appreciated.

Baz
    The problem with an audible alarm is the human brain is very efficient at learning to ignore repetitive sounds, you know, like the tic-toc of a grandfather clock. Your brain is more likely to be alerted by a very visible blinking light.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

My '79 GL1000 had one (stock), and I added a rather obnoxious beeper to my '51 Ford F1. I would be very cautious adding anything to a CANBUS vehicle, though.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

You can buy very inexpensive units from ebay that do the trick just fine.

Here is one https://www.ebay.com/itm/14321642470...Bk9SR-ar_6OrYQ

They have built in diodes that prevent current back flow. You can pick up your signals from the back tail lights very easily. This unit should not affect the CANBUS what-so-ever.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    Be careful what you ask for; one of the older bikes I have had one installed when I first got it. Those are so annoying; I tore it out after the first ride. Install some easier to see LEDs someplace to remind you to cancel them when the auto-cancel is not quick enough to suit you. (like when changing lanes or curves that don't actuate the auto cancel) Our 2014 RT-L had a strip of amber LEDs on top of each mirror when we got it used. I love how easy it is to be reminded to cancel the turn signal when only needed for a few seconds to change lanes, etc.
    I have those too, but the LEDs all burned out AGES ago, and the original seller quoted $50 just to replace the LED strips! Anyone know of a replacement source at a reasonable price?

(I bought them just for the original problem described above... practically invisible OEM lights.)
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I have one on my Moto Guzzi which doesn't have self canceling signals. I bought it on Ebay for $11 including shipping. 30 minute install because I did a very neat and unobtrusive installation. It is obnoxious and I do get some strange looks, BUT ISN'T THAT THE POINT! Obnoxious means I turn the signal off and strange looks means I get noticed. People always on motorcycle sites whining about not getting noticed, especially at an intersection. Buy a beeper.
    2015 RT , Black