Spyder Garage

Default What's the Best horn upgrade for 2020+ RT?

I want to upgrade the wimpy horn on our 2022 RTL, I cant believe they come with such a wimpy horn. but anyway, what is the best horn kits out there for the 2020 & up model RT ? Im not looking for an air horn style, Just a regular horn.
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

https://smile.amazon.com/Wolo-419-Ba...s%2C335&sr=8-3

WOLO Bad Boy 419 is what I have on my 2017 RTS. Pretty darn loud @ 150db. Easy install for me, as I could easily get to the stock horn. Comes with the necessary relay and very good instructions. You will need a 20 amp inline fuse, you can get one at any auto parts store. I also needed an "L" bracket, which I happened to have. I wired it directly to the battery, I had the necessary wires (red & black, 16 gauge) and connectors etc. also available at an auto parts store, and fishing the wires from the horn to the battery was a little time consuming, but when all was said and done, still only took about an hour.
    There is also this one @ 150db.

https://smile.amazon.com/Wolo-619-Bi...s%2C335&sr=8-5

Best of luck!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I installed these dual horns from Sling Mods on my wife's 2021 Sea to Sky. Installation is a bit tricky but worth the effort. https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...s?search=horns
    2015 Spyder RT-S (Arion) and 2021 RTL Sea to Sky (charming wife)
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

We installed https://motohorn.com/product/motohorn/ and love it.

We like a good, loud horn that get attention and this does the trick. It looks big, but blends in nicely with the bike.

https://motohorn.com/gallery/can-am-spyder/

2013 F6B
    2016 F3 Ltd
    2016 F3 LTD , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

I’ve got the Wolo Bad Boy on my ‘21 RT. It’s plenty loud enough, fits in the same spot as the stock horn (comes with a custom bracket but it is tight to get at the mounting nuts), and most important of all, it simply uses the existing wiring and spade connectors as it is not an air horn per se. I’m very happy with it.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I installed these dual horns from Sling Mods on my wife's 2021 Sea to Sky. Installation is a bit tricky but worth the effort. https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...s?search=horns
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I have the same horns for both the wife's Ryker and my Spyder. Installation on my Sypder was a bit harder but well worth it. They are definitely loud.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    I have the same horns for both the wife's Ryker and my Spyder. Installation on my Sypder was a bit harder but well worth it. They are definitely loud.
    I have these saved on my list. What % louder do you think these are over the stock one ?
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick28 View Post
    I have these saved on my list. What % louder do you think these are over the stock one ?
    It's been so long since I installed the horns but if I was to estimate from memory, the horns I installed from slingmods have to be at least 2.5 to 3 times louder. They are loud. In fact, a while back someone cut my wife off to get off the highway. I pulled up beside him while he was on the off-ramp and blasted my horn. It scared the bajesus out of him.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    It's been so long since I installed the horns but if I was to estimate from memory, the horns I installed from slingmods have to be at least 2.5 to 3 times louder. They are loud. In fact, a while back someone cut my wife off to get off the highway. I pulled up beside him while he was on the off-ramp and blasted my horn. It scared the bajesus out of him.
    That’s why I don’t want one that is too loud, and am more than happy with the Wolo QuickDraw. Knowing my luck the dual horns would cause the other driver to jump……right into my lane that I am occupying

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Have someone with a 2001-2010 GoldWing blow their horn for you. You can find plenty on ebay.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c