Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The only thing you have to keep is our friendship.Great looking bike.Thanks for all your help.

wolfshead1

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

We are going to miss you (definitely one of a kind).

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    Sure... not mine but it's exactly like this... for now :
    Just dont forget that when you come to a stop, THE FEET GO DOWN.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

First, I'm sorry it came to this but I'm sooooo glad you found something to replace it with. I think if in your shoes we'd have done the same thing.

I'm glad that you're staying here. The friendships are great.

Can I just applaude your maturity in how you've handled this thread? You've handled it well and voiced yourself without offense. Bravo!

Be safe and have fun on your new baby.

Oh and SpyderWolf is my hubby... yeah, he's shopping. gotta watch him. LOL

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    good choice on ride our friend Nick just got one oh wait he has a couple of them but that was his last addition

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Sorry to see you sold the Spyder, but...

...the ride you picked up is really sweet. I just read a review of the T-Bird a couple of weeks ago and it looks like a great bike, combining new technology with the timeless look of a classic Triumph. My first bikes were Triumphs (old school - Coventry, not Hinckley) so I have a soft spot in my heart for all things Triumph.

Enjoy!

Best wishes,

Bruce

Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    ...the ride you picked up is really sweet. I just read a review of the T-Bird a couple of weeks ago and it looks like a great bike, combining new technology with the timeless look of a classic Triumph. My first bikes were Triumphs (old school - Coventry, not Hinckley) so I have a soft spot in my heart for all things Triumph.

Enjoy!

Best wishes,

Bruce
    Ya there was nothing better than hitting the shifter instead of the brake and hitting the brake instead of the shifter.1 of my first street bikes was a Triumph 650 chopper.Loaner though my shop teacher let me use it so he wouldnt have to pick me up nothing like riding a chopper to school when your still in 9th grade one advantage of staying back a year

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Nice ride!

Lean into turns - feet down when stopped - you'll be good.

enjoy
    Mike

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Can I send my windshield to ya for an autograph...LOL
    Sorry to hear about the issues, but it will be cool seeing all of the mods you do to your new ride. Glad to see you will be sticking around with us.

Nice thing is your new ride came from the factory with a hand brake lever already attached. Now lets see how long it takes for ya to get used to having one of those again.
    Thanks. Yepper, ABS except the brakes are not linked. Pretty cool... front lever and all.

And, getting used to it... I've been riding the Valkyrie more and more... practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    I think it would be more appropriate to sign our (hundreds of) exhausts!
    OK, send 'em this way and I'll stock up on Sharpies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I understand your motivation - and that you've done what's best for you.

Thanks.

I'm lucky enough to be able to keep the Spyder, and have a Valk for my long trips. Best of luck!
    Still have my Valk, too. Good bike but the handling on the T-Bird is much better due in part to the 120 front tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post
    Should have given me a call
    my wife has a 2007 Triumph speedmaster all black with oil fairing custom exhaust and race winshield sitting in my garage with no mileage on it. She doesn't ride it because of the spyder. On a 1-10 scale the bike is a 10.
    I liked the T-Bird for its ergonomics. Pretty much fits me as it came from the showroom floor. The new Triumphs have a really good reliability record, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    Let me know how it compares to the Valk, You do still have it don't you. I guy in town just sold his Rocket III and bought one of them but I havn't had a chance to ride or talk with him about it.
    Yepper, still have it. They're very similar in terms of weight and balance. The T-Bird has a bit more torque and does not take nearly as much effort to get it through the twisties. And, sixth gear? 4,000 RPM at 105... with a 6,500 red line. Plus, about 45-50 MPG on normal riding. I don't know about you but my Valk was always in the 30-35 MPG range.

BTW, I've been watching the Rocket III since 2007. I finally test rode one last week and it will flat out jerk your arms out of their sockets when you get on it. 140HP and 147FP torque... low 11's quarter mile. As much as I liked it, I figured I'd kill myself on it and took it down one notch.

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Bummer! Who's gonna test windshields for us?
    You have been nominated. Will you accept?

Quote Originally Posted by proudcoppop View Post
    I definitely understand you switching to another cycle. I did the same thing a couple months ago. Although I did all my own service and repair work my 08 SM5 did not experience any major issues. After reading all the issues reported by other owners I never felt confident that it would get me where I was going. In the back of my little mind I kept saying "I hope it makes it through this trip". I am primarily a distance rider and whenever I went on a trip I had a continual concern that something would break and I had little confidence there would be a knowledgable, capable dealer anywhere near.
    I purchased a new Harley and although I know it can also break down like any mechanical machine I have much more reassurance that it wil be dependable and should I have a problem there will be a knowledgable and capable dealer somewhat close. My Harley has averaged 45.3 MPG over the first 2400 miles and has been trouble free. The counter balanced engine on my Harley is velvet smooth and much quieter than the Spyder due to significantly lower RPM at highway speed.
    I also read Spyderlovers every day and think the Spyder is a revolutionary great creation but so revolutionary it is not yet perfected to the point of reliability of other mainstream machines. The steering issue is definitely justifyable concern and had I experienced that the Spyder would have been gone a lot sooner. I was fortunate to have sold my Spyder on EBay just before the new touring model was announced so the sale price was better than it is now. Not saying I didn't take a hit but that is life but I thoroughly enjoy new toys!
    I wish all Spyder owners the best and will continue to visit the site daily.
    Thanks, Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead1 View Post
    The only thing you have to keep is our friendship.Great looking bike.Thanks for all your help.

wolfshead1
    It was, and is, my pleasure. You're Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    We are going to miss you (definitely one of a kind).
    doc, doc, doc... can we still continue our off-the-record phone conversations?

I've been practicing on the Valk... but you're right, feet down... kickstand... separate front brake... all take a little getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Ride View Post
    First, I'm sorry it came to this but I'm sooooo glad you found something to replace it with. I think if in your shoes we'd have done the same thing.

I'm glad that you're staying here. The friendships are great.

Can I just applaude your maturity in how you've handled this thread? You've handled it well and voiced yourself without offense. Bravo!

Be safe and have fun on your new baby.

Oh and SpyderWolf is my hubby... yeah, he's shopping. gotta watch him. LOL
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    good choice on ride our friend Nick just got one oh wait he has a couple of them but that was his last addition
    I'm still keeping my Valk but I think the Triumph will be number one. Lots of torque (like 106) and low center of gravity... with a 27" seat height.

Thanks!

Enjoy!

Best wishes,

Bruce
    Yepper, I had a few BSAs and Triumphs way back when. I certainly hope that I don't have to work on this one after each and every ride.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Keep up the good work, Lamont. I've been with you since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnid View Post
    Nice ride!

Lean into turns - feet down when stopped - you'll be good.

enjoy
    Mike
    You forgot kickstand! Thanks.
    Last edited by ataDude; 10-28-2009 at 01:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

Glad you're going to stick around, I think I can learn even more from you than I have so far. Will miss your concise descriptions.
    I've been watching the T-bird for quite a while; if I go back to 2 wheels, it would be my first choice.

john

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    Glad you're going to stick around, I think I can learn even more from you than I have so far. Will miss your concise descriptions.
    I've been watching the T-bird for quite a while; if I go back to 2 wheels, it would be my first choice.

john

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

This doesn't look a thing like the 56 Triumph Thunderbird I used to have. When did they change? BTW, can you really trust a Brit bike if it hasn't got Whitworth fasteners? And it's not working on them after every ride that was the big problem, it was working on them to finish the ride!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    This doesn't look a thing like the 56 Triumph Thunderbird I used to have. When did they change? BTW, can you really trust a Brit bike if it hasn't got Whitworth fasteners? And it's not working on them after every ride that was the big problem, it was working on them to finish the ride!
    And no Lucas ("the Prince of Darkness") electrics? What is this world coming to?

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

If I opened enough boxes, I could probably find my old Whitworth tools.

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

And no Lucas ("the Prince of Darkness") electrics? What is this world coming to?
    If it had that, I wouldn't have bought it. Been there, done that.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I will mis your posts ata. I always found them balanced, interesting and very helpful. Enjoy your Triumph!

3WD

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

He ain't leavin - we won't let him! He'll still be posting even though he's on his Triumph

Quote Originally Posted by 3wheeldemon View Post
    I will mis your posts ata. I always found them balanced, interesting and very helpful. Enjoy your Triumph!

3WD

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3wheeldemon View Post

3WD
    Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    He ain't leavin - we won't let him! He'll still be posting even though he's on his Triumph
    I was out of things to do, anyway. I'll leave you my mods library just in case you get bored.

I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

We never get bored in here - if we're not learning, poking fun, laughing, arguing, talking about farts coming out of Poorboy's eyes (that one was hysterical), or calling that Ebay dude a tool - I'd say we can entertain ourselves pretty good. And yes, you definitely are a part of that so good you are staying put!

I was out of things to do, anyway. I'll leave you my mods library just in case you get bored.

I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

...I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

Amen Bro!!!

Spyder Garage

Glad you are staying here. Back in the day i had a spot reserved for a Bonneville..
    And for u youngsters out there that ain t no Pontiac....

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by northramp View Post
    Glad you are staying here. Back in the day i had a spot reserved for a Bonneville..
    And for u youngsters out there that ain t no Pontiac....
    Been there, done that, still do.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Been there, done that, still do.
    Wow, what a cherry Bonneville! It even has the original "castrator" tank rack!

Bruce

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Wow, what a cherry Bonneville! It even has the original "castrator" tank rack!

Bruce
    Everything original and untouched except the tires and handlebars.