Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Arriving back from my week Bancation, I read through the original post, and all replies. Interesting perspectives from a varied audience. Hopefully BigBadBruce the original person that started the topic will find his best answer. Without doubt, there are a multitude of other Spyder groups out there on the internet if Spyderlovers.com is in your past. As others mentioned, many folks have left, which may have degraded the replies, but maybe not. Certainly many of the high end technical replies have diminished, often now, replies are about newby stuff, but whatever, as the other guy stated, change is inevitable. BigBadBruce all the best sorting this out.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Certainly many of the high end technical replies have diminished, often now, replies are about newby stuff, but whatever, as the other guy stated, change is inevitable.
    IMO, one big reason for that is the variety of technical issues plaguing Spyders and Rykers has greatly diminished over the years. In one sense you could say there's nothing left to talk about so why stay? Of course that's not the case, yet, but I think it is a factor. I've often thought about leaving the forum the past couple of years because so much of the technical discussion that does take place is related to a generation of Spyders I'm not intimately familiar with. But curiosity keeps me here, for now anyway. And I'm just egotistical enough to think that occasionally I can share good advice.

Oh, and BTW PMK, I'm glad to see you back!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    Peter, A.R.Traveller, Anthony and to the others. When I first joined this site, it truly was, as the name suggested, SPYDERLOVERS. Reading half of the current posts, it appears to be either SPYDERHATER, or at least SPYDER COMPLAINERS. I’m not singling out any single or group of members......I’ll leave that to you, but as for myself, I’ll give the site until the end of December, and if this trend continues, I’ll leave the site. I’m just finding this trend to be too much of a “downer” when it should be uplifting. I like my Spyder too much to continue with this “CRAP”.
    Overly sensitive, aren't we now? When I read complaints it gives me ideas on what might become a problem for me in the future. I like the forum just the way it is.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

To the moderators,
    Thank you for the forum.
    Frank Ferrante
    2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    Overly sensitive, aren't we now? When I read complaints it gives me ideas on what might become a problem for me in the future. I like the forum just the way it is.
    Not at all. It's a matter of expectations. You're fairly new to the Forum. You may not have gotten tired of forum hijinks yet. In the past, some members have been banned for their "less than friendly" posts.
    I come to the forum looking for help in solving problems.
    For instance, I'm interested in better tires for my Spyder and would like to know what's available (please, no one should hijack this into a tire thread). We already know the Kenda tires are not the best. Reading posts that continuously complain about the Crapenda OEM tires does little to advance the discussion to a solution. In fact, reading all the posts about the poor quality of the OEM tires just gets wearisome. It harshes my mellow, if you know what I mean. I much prefer posts that offer a solution to the problem, or at least state a problem and ask the group if a solution is available.
    And on a practical note, when someone starts a thread complaining about a particular feature or issue, SOMEONE may have actually come up with a solution, but if it's buried at post #248 in the thread surrounded by a bunch of whining posts, few people will take the time to actually read it.
    A likely example right here:
    You most likely read the first post and then responded to it, with the result that your post is number 53 on page three of the thread.
    bigbadbrucie has resolved his issues at post 27 on page 2. (breaking my arm patting myself on the back).
    Maybe nobody noticed it ?

Oh, and vito1943, one final comment: Thank you so very much for your service !

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, If I am, I'm certain, someone on this forum will be delighted to point it out.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Wow, I should have started a thread like this but I would have been booted. Lol I can list several things that have changed here in 8-10 years and why I don’t come here much anymore, but powers that be wouldn’t like it. I use to have almost 50K post but deleted most due to overly sensitive people. It would be nice to get back to the friendliness.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Wow, I should have started a thread like this but I would have been booted. Lol I can list several things that have changed here in 8-10 years and why I don’t come here much anymore, but powers that be wouldn’t like it. I use to have almost 50K post but deleted most due to overly sensitive people. It would be nice to get back to the friendliness.

The thread, as it has run, has no problems with the site rules. No...you would have not been booted. Only when someone breaks the rules does it happen.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Moderators,
    Please delete me from this site. I do not want to be here.
    Thank you,
    Vincent Santamaria

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
    Moderators,
    Please delete me from this site. I do not want to be here.
    Thank you,
    Vincent Santamaria
    The only reason you are “here” is because you have chosen to log in and post, Vincent. If you didn’t log in and post you would not be “here”

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I would like to be removed from this website. How do I contact the moderators to get off this site.

Spyder Garage

I keep getting messages from this site and who asked you in the first place. Every time I exit I get a link to this ****ing web site.

Spyder Garage

I can't delete this web site. Don't need any wisecracks. Just need to get to a moderator to get me deleted off here.

Spyder Garage

Just click unsubscribe tab to any e-mails that arrive.

For the rest of it....well when I have problems I ring next door and little Jimmy comes over and sorts out my stuff.

BTW
    I see you clicked
    This site makes you a lover of what?: Spam

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
    I can't delete this web site. Don't need any wisecracks. Just need to get to a moderator to get me deleted off here.
    We (the Moderators) can't really 'delete' you off the site, but the sooner you stop posting & start clicking unsubscribe on any emails that you might get, the sooner your account will lapse.

If you want to try getting 'off' the site sooner, you could always try sending Admin &/or the Owner here a message thru the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of every page. I don't know if that'll help any, but if you want OFF off, I'd think it's probably worth a shot...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!