Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default A Message for the Moderators

Peter, A.R.Traveller, Anthony and to the others. When I first joined this site, it truly was, as the name suggested, SPYDERLOVERS. Reading half of the current posts, it appears to be either SPYDERHATER, or at least SPYDER COMPLAINERS. I’m not singling out any single or group of members......I’ll leave that to you, but as for myself, I’ll give the site until the end of December, and if this trend continues, I’ll leave the site. I’m just finding this trend to be too much of a “downer” when it should be uplifting. I like my Spyder too much to continue with this “CRAP”.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    Peter, A.R.Traveller, Anthony and to the others. When I first joined this site, it truly was, as the name suggested, SPYDERLOVERS. Reading half of the current posts, it appears to be either SPYDERHATER, or at least SPYDER COMPLAINERS. I’m not singling out any single or group of members......I’ll leave that to you, but as for myself, I’ll give the site until the end of December, and if this trend continues, I’ll leave the site. I’m just finding this trend to be too much of a “downer” when it should be uplifting. I like my Spyder too much to continue with this “CRAP”.
    I feel your pain Bro.
    However, I don't think the moderators have much ability to change things.
    For me, I've elected to focus on the technical aspects. If someone has a complaint, I try to offer a technical solution.
    Also, I find the liberal use of the "Ignore" button allows for a more peaceful online experience, and I just don't see some of the chronic complainers.
    God know, if there was an "ignore" button in real life, I might still be married.
    Still, I've gotten some good technical advice, and I have successfully deceived myself into thinking I may have possibly helped some others in some small way.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Come on, man. Grow some thicker skin !!

There are some brilliant minds in here that know EVERYTHING about the Can Am Spyder. They offer solutions to difficult problems, educate those who don't know jack about a certain subject, and at the same time, tell some humorous and interesting stories that involve their beloved trike.

Like ANY forums, you're gonna have to contend with the riff-raffs. Do you expect the moderators to delete those type of members just because they hurt your precious feelings somehow ??

Anyway, I'm not here to convince you to stay. Do whatever you want, but I don't believe you'll find another Spyder website quite like this.

Good luck ....
    Last edited by Peacekeeper6; 11-04-2022 at 10:21 PM. Reason: edit
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

I've been here about a year so I don't have the exposure to posts as you do. I came to the Spyder from two-wheels and the adjustment hasn't been delightful.

Which may find expression in a complaint. I've never had a perfect vehicle. Every brand, every model, has odd characteristics and most have something(s) that causes many to say "What was the engineer thinking?" Spyders? Same story, of course.

I understand what you're saying. I see the complaints differently, and find they aren't troubling as a result. A complaint is someone's way of blowing off steam. It's designed to lower the internal temperature, bleed off some stress, whatever you want to call it. Other folks drink. Some go to the range. Some go for a ride. Or a ryde. Some cause harm.

I don't personalize whining, or, as the Brits say, "whinging." I also don't dwell on those posts.

I suspect I've been guilty of writing what you're tired of, but, in a way, you did what you're tired of when you started this thread. A bit of irony, that.

I also suspect (I'm a suspicious guy!) that if you weighed the advantages to sticking around, despite what you see too much of, you'd realize the site offers far more good stuff than bad and the whiners have only themselves to live with. I'm not inviting them into my house. Or my head.

I've blocked one contributor on the forum, not for complaining but for saying the same thing in answer to every question asked. That block capability is the cat's meow.

My $ .02 (US) and worth every penny!

I just noticed I joined the forum in 2019. I bought a Spyder in 2021. I lurked prior to the purchase, thus I said "been here only a year."
    Last edited by Columbia; 11-04-2022 at 11:57 PM.
    2015 ST Limited; Givi E52 Top Case; Baja Ron anti-sway bar; Cal Sci wind screen; Vredestein Quatracs (front)

Spyder Garage

It's a fact that some folks haven't got what they paid for when they bought a new Spyder. It's great that owners share their good and bad experiences. This is what makes this forum so valuable.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

I am not much of poster nor am I repying to threads, but I am on site every day, reading, and enjoying the power within the solutions provided, from those who been there, done that, and got a T-Shirt.
    Me for one love my spyder to bits, and tho it ain't a trouble free machine, The wealth of having a site like spyderlovers, with all solutions handed on a platter, we all need to cherish, the community.

There are more people on spyderlovers, that want to help, as the few who whine..... The few who rant, feel free to do whatever you want, you don't have to read those posts....
    Just my 2 cents worth, and for the moderaters on here, Hat off, for all the work you do, to keep this Forum, for what it is...
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Life is Up and Down

So sorry to hear this type of statement. You are free to do as you wish on reading and posting. I have enjoyed reading most of the posts on this Forum.

Do I think that someone may be able to learn more about their Spyder? .....Yes

Are there posts that I don't enjoy? .....Yes

My Tip..... Relax......Read and Learn.

Your Time and Your Mission. Enjoy the good things.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Come on Brucie, if ya don't like a comment, just don't read it, but threatening to leave the forum, our world is full of threats in case you haven't noticed. In your world, are we not entitled to complain a tad about a Kenda tire, or a BRP spoket, or a dealer that did a bad job? I for one read the subjects that interest me. I really like my Spyder, if I did not, I would not have have traded my GW conversion and forked out a pocket full of money to buy it. I'll probably get some blow back to this comment, but that's OK, we are are entitled to our opinion.

Spyder Garage

I read more than I post, however, I have learned much from this forum. when I have a question, this is where I come for the answer... some bad comes with the good. Just this part of your mouse...

unnamed.jpg
    Jim Summers - Pensacola FL
    www.PensacolaHouseHunters.com
    2018 RT , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First I hope you stay. I do agree with you. Unfortunately it seems today all people want to do is complain. I find the same issue on the Airstream forum and sometimes I wonder why people have purchased either. I''m happy with both, are they perfect ? No, I have got a lot from these forums and will hang around.
    Last edited by Saluda; 11-05-2022 at 07:14 AM.

Spyder Garage

Hey Bruce, been on a lot of forums, RAM, BMW, other bike forums and this is by the far the best of any I have tapped into. There is great help and information shared here. Sometimes we don't all agree, but look how many people post here. Not going to get agreement across the board and with the kind of money we spent on these things, its only natural to vent a little bit when things go wrong, BRP cuts corners on what is otherwise a pretty fine ride or some of our other findings. Thank goodness this is forum is not a political forum, can you imagine what that would evolve into? Not here to talk you into staying as others have said, but you will not find a forum that is all positive, they are just not out there. It's like that with everything though. Take what is here that is of value and there is a lot of it - those things that can help you with your ride, make it better, safer, more enjoyable and make you a better, safer rider and just hit DEL on the rest. If you bail out completely, up to you, but think of the information, learnings, tips, shared experiences that you will definitely miss out on if you do leave, and some of the information shared here will be something that you may provide to the rest of the forum. Whatever you choose - ride safe and enjoy life.
    Last edited by lvmyspyder; 11-05-2022 at 07:21 AM.
    Lvmyspyder
    She's Lisa
    2018 Spyder RT Limited[img]
    2018 RTL , Stock Brake Pedal Extender. White

Spyder Garage

Hate to state the obvious, but your post is a complaint.........just sayin...Hope you stick it out, this site is a valuable resource. Life is Good.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    Hate to state the obvious, but your post is a complaint.........just sayin...Hope you stick it out, this site is a valuable resource. Life is Good.
    Touche!
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

How about contact the mods directly, instead of grandstanding with a post that you are "complaining about to begin with ".. Not bagging on you....Just stating the obvious here.
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

The moderators do a good job of keeping a watchful eye on the site. I have been on here for a little while (ok a long while) and hater and complainer posts will always be here, and the amount hasn't increased over the years when you compare to the member increase. Just my 3 cents.

I don't know how many people remember this one. The original owner/moderator of this site got so upset with the bickering, that was pretty early on in the inception of this site, and actually took a 2 week hiatus from this site, and members wondered what happened to him.
    Last edited by wyliec; 11-05-2022 at 08:25 AM.

Spyder Garage

I wonder how much Spyder unhappiness in general can be attributed to the front sprocket recall and its current state. A tough thing to swallow for a new or recent buyer as well as veterans.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Of course their are a lots of complaints. Lets face it, BRP is a hot mess. They have excuses for everything. That said, I see far more positives than negatives on this site. YMMV

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

peter, a.r.traveller, anthony and to the others. When i first joined this site, it truly was, as the name suggested, spyderlovers. Reading half of the current posts, it appears to be either spyderhater, or at least spyder complainers. I’m not singling out any single or group of members......i’ll leave that to you, but as for myself, i’ll give the site until the end of december, and if this trend continues, i’ll leave the site. I’m just finding this trend to be too much of a “downer” when it should be uplifting. I like my spyder too much to continue with this “crap”.
    happy new year!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeffH View Post
    There are complaints with and with out merit, his (Bruce) has merit.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick28 View Post
    How about contact the mods directly, instead of grandstanding with a post that you are "complaining about to begin with ".. Not bagging on you....Just stating the obvious here.
    Stating a fact is grandstanding ? (By the way I do not know Bruce in case some were wondering)
    Last edited by Saluda; 11-05-2022 at 09:23 AM.

Spyder Garage

BBB, I understand where you are coming from.
    But it just seems that is how the world is anymore.
    People want to bitch about everything, don't let it get you down.
    I have learned from some of the complains and how to fix then.
    Lately my favorite site on here has been " Randon thought for the day"
    Always gets me laughing.

Spyder Garage

I'm a moderator on 2 auto sites.
    That said folks need to vent, most think vehicles are like toasters in that they need zero attention or never fail. Most mods let folks air themselves out until it gets excessive or insulting then they drop the hammer. With any make, model or brand those vehicles parked out back of the dealer are not just getting oil changes.
    My mod intervention style is a warning to a first-time joiner who just puts out a first-time post rant. They get a ruler across the knuckles first before the axe comes down.
    Folks that contribute honestly always get a pass, we are just human and have off days.
    Moderators are mostly volunteers and fit that job in-between enjoying life.
    John
    "some suffer from insanity, I choose to enjoy it"
    '15 F3S SE6
    '01 FLHR
    Ski Doo 1200's
    Boats
    2015 F3S SE6 , Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Saluda View Post
    Stating a fact is grandstanding ?
    Yes, Because this was a message meant for the Mods to begin with. There are other ways to contact the Mods other than a post in a public forum. They aren't facts, they are his Opinion.
    Last edited by USAF; 11-05-2022 at 10:32 AM.
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Being retired I have what some might call an abundance of free time. That means I come here every day, sometimes more then once a day. I feel confident in saying that I either learn something new or find something I piques my interest at least once a visit. I even, occasionally, find the complaints interesting. Just because I don’t have the same complaint someone may be posting about doesn’t mean I never will. I’ll make note of what solutions might have been offered in the event the information should prove useful in the future. And yes, sometimes I’ll even throw my 2¢ into the ring (like now).
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Hi Bruce,

Stay or go --- that's your choice of course.

I use the " ignore" option when needed but usually I just " let it go". The former members who I did put on the " ignore" list have all eventually left the site.

Spyderlovers is a great site for information and help, actually the best.
    I've been guilty of venting a bit here with good reason too.

So---- just use the "ignore" option for someone that raises your hackles and have a great winter ( it's about to hit here with a vengeance)

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow