Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Snapping out of my funk

This last week has been tuff and I just haven't felt like posting on the board.
    First it was the board going down the tubes with all the reported problems and the phone calls, emails and PM's that went with it. Then I have some family issues to deal with that I'm not real happy about. To top it off I get a call from a good friend of mines wife to tell me that my friend (Dennis) was admitted to the hospital for what they thought was diabetic shock but turned out to be a tumor in his brain. It is cancer and inoperable. I just talked to him a few days before and he was fine and wanted to come out here to see a friend who was dieing. Now he's dieing and the tumor is pressing on the memory part of his brain so sometimes he knows who his wife and family are but sometimes he doesn't. He did remember talking with me for some reason though. I may be riding out to San Diego to say good by to him if I can work it out. Not sure if he'll know who I am by time I get there. I'm waiting on the RT to get here and I'll ride it out there.

I would like to thank you all for your support and encouragement. I won't be turning off the board anytime soon and I hope the mood here will change for the better. It looks like it already has somewhat.

On a Spyder note, I started up my Spyder for the first time since I've been back from Daytona and my power steering is back. I'm not sure why but it is back. I did have BRP make a note of it and will continue to ride it and see what happens. I did order some new shocks when I was in Daytona and when they come in I plan on taking the Spyder apart and having a good look at everything at that time. I'm looking at extending my warranty now too just so I know I'll be covered if and when a major component fails. If I'm going to put a 100,000+ miles on this thing I'm sure at some point it will pay for itself.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ride On. Just a reminder that there are many more important issues than Spyders or any material things. If you want to make God laugh, tell him what your plans are for tomorrow. Let's all keep things in perspective.

Spyder Garage

my thoughts are with you ...and if you need to vent or just shoot the $h!7 give me a call .... and on a lighter note yes i think the board is heading in the right direction,,,,,
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Praying for you and your friends bro.

When my DPS went kaput, it quit working one day, worked the next, quit again later that day, worked the next afternoon when I went to work and quit for good that night. I rode for a week without the steering assist and it wasn't that bad once I got used to it.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Don't give up Lamont. Take a few days off. And make sure to let us know if we can help with anything.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

If you could only hit the Pause button so Life would wait while you catch up.

I hope your friend remembers you when you get to see him so you can connect one more time. As for the forum, because of the tone you have set from the beginning, it will ride out whatever storms may come. Essentially good people here. None of us want the Spyder to fail. We need to be encouraging and supportive of one another while BRP irons out these difficulties. It's going to be all good eventually.

You take care Lamont.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Lamont,
    I will keep you in my prayers as well as your family and friends. Saying good bye or even thinking about it is never easy. Even if he doesn't seem to remember you by the time you get out there, he will know you were there, somewhere deep inside. Stay strong Lamont, I know you have it in you. You are loved and supported by so many.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

We are with you Bro in this moment. You have given all of us a great gift of knowledge, friendship and caring.
    Northramp
    2009 RED SE5, Very Happy Owner (1-15-09)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Welcome back Lamont. Every once in a while, we just need to get away from all if it. Prayers go out to your friend. If ya ever need to get away, there's always room in the house here in Fl and room for another Spyder in the garage. Plus, its still nice and warm here.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Support Group On Line!!

Thanks Lamont for keeping the pulse beating on this great supportive forum.......and all the supportive members as well!!There is so much sincere sharing on this site and that is what makes it stand out as some place special!!
    When we stop and think about it ,this day, this moment is a Lifetime in miniature......Time is precious no doubt about it!Thanks for being a friend to those you have met, and those of us who you have not met!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and your friend and his family. Just remember that if you ever need ANYTHING that we are here for you. You are an amazing person for all that you do for evryone in your life and on this site. Remember we are all just a message or call away
    if you need us.
    Ann (TWINKLES) & Pat (AMEOBE)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A board gives what it gets.Good understanding leadership and good members did and will make the SpyderLovers.com a cut above the rest.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead1 View Post
    A board gives what it gets.Good understanding leadership and good members did and will make the SpyderLovers.com a cut above the rest.
    SpyderLovers.com is a super site.

We are all thinking of you, Lamont...our fearless leader!

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Prayers

Lamont, my prayers go out to you and your friends family. You have a lot of people in your life and on this forum that want nothing but the best for you. Hang tough and I know you have people you can lean on and who are there for you.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Hang in there, Spyder Bro. Take some time off, to go see friends and family. Don't worry about the Forum; we'll take good care of it, while you're gone.
    Happy SE5 Owner

Invalid Emails
    Mississauga Ontario Canada Alamo Texas jan to may
    Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Many things are important in life but people come first. Take care it's great to see your return. You are in our thoughts at all times.

I cannot tell you how much my has helped me though some tough times, this plus your help with answers and a great group of people on this board has been a wonderful 'uplift' for me and I know how much work you put into it to make it the success it has become. Glad to see the posting today and thanks again for all that you do.

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear your feeling somewhat back to normal. You've made a lot of friends here who do care. Ride on
    San Antonio, TX - 2014 RT-S Yellow (of course). Added BRP driver backrest to stock seat. Need to solve Blutooth and iPhone 5S integration problems next.

Former owner of a yellow 2008 Spyder, Cal Sci windshield, Crampbusters, KewlMetal mirror extensions, NoMagicNeon 4" risers, Corbin Seats and dual backrests. Happy Spyder Owner

God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Default Glad to see...

your spirits are up some today. I know what it's like to be down. Every two weeks when I have to go to the Gainesville VA for treatment I go down that long dark tunnel. When I get down in there I keep telling myself there has to be a light at the end.

You keep in mind our prayers and thoughts are with you. Ken
    Ken krb1945 "Happy Owner"
    USN DAV 100% 'er
    Proud grandfather of a former United States Marine
    1 2008 SM5 PE 548
    1 2008 SM5, 1 2009 SE5
    2008 GL1800

Spyder Garage

welcome
    2013 ST-S SE Pure Magnesium

Way2Fast

Lamont; I feel for your friend. One of my wifes best friends was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor. She had to go to a hospital in NYC that had a surgon with much experience in that area. The operation took 8-10 hours and she is currently on the long road to recovery. The tumor was not cancerous. Make sure your friend gets more than one opinion. If you need the doctors name send me a PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

God bless you and your friend Lamont. Thanks to you I was actually able to ride my spyder.

Spyder Garage

God Speed Lamont, you and your friend are in my prayers...
    Wow what a ride!! Love my spyder!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitmon View Post
    God Speed Lamont, you and your friend are in my prayers...
    +1

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your friend.