Spyder Garage

Default What does Connecting rider helmet comms to Spyder do?

Was just wondering what connecting our helmet communication devices to the Spyder does? Will it make our voices come out the speakers?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-01-2022 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

It allows you to listen to music from your radio in your helmet. If you connect your phone to the Spyder as well, your BT audio from your phone can be heard through your headset as well as answer and make calls using your joystick controls. Phone audio will come through your headset.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

So if my phone is linked to my headset, there really is no reason to connect to the Spyder I guess. Thanks for the input !
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Bluetooth to the Spyder only if you want to connect and use BRP connect along with your phone. It's complicated...... to say the least.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    Bluetooth to the Spyder only if you want to connect and use BRP connect along with your phone. It's complicated...... to say the least.
    Just being picky here, Valk, but that’s not strictly true. You can Bluetooth your phone and helmet to the Spyder without involving BRP Go. That will allow you to use the handlebar/tank controls for music etc. e.g. switch tracks to choose between music playing out of your helmet or your speakers, adjust volume, take phone calls, etc.

BRP Go only becomes involved if you plug your phone into the dedicated glove box usb and download and start the BRP Go app……and like you, that is DEFINITELY NOT going to happen on my Spyder until they improve the app.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

You are absolutely correct Pete. I was thinking wired when I wrote that incorrect statement.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I really appreciate what you said about being able connect phone and helmet and about how there is a control on the panel to change to headset and voila I have sound. You'll probably get a kick out of this. First off, I'm on a IT Helpdesk. I know how to pair devices. What I really struggled with is how to use the communication system, Packtalk Edge just this recently. A little background. I bought the Sena and then returned and bought the Packtalk Black. Both seemed intimidating since I never have used one. I bought my 2021 Spyder RTL two years ago and have struggled since. It has been over 40 years since I rode my first motorcycle, a Honda 55. Taking my first longer trip at the end of this month and wanted something to use for music and phone calls.
    2021 RTL , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

There use to be a connection for the rider to communicate to the driver threw the bike. Guess they don't do that anymore?
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No matter what Bluetooth headset you have, it will easily pair to the bike which allows controlling music with the joystick. It also allows make/receive phone calls. Just don’t pair the headset to the phone.

Intercom between rider and passenger is thru the headsets only. Buy a dual set and they’re already connected for intercom.

I don’t work in IT, I don’t have a degree in computer science or engineering and I found setting up the phone and headset along with using BRP Go a breeze. Love being able to find a gas station while on a ride, love checking the tire pressure, love Rever for tracking and GoPro capabilities and Dash Radio can be worked while moving.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Soooooo. I have a Sena 20. I usually pair sena to phone. If I read this correctly, I can pair my sena to the spyder and also the phone to the spyder. Just don't pair Sena to phone.
    Is this correct?
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bangorbob View Post
    Soooooo. I have a Sena 20. I usually pair sena to phone. If I read this correctly, I can pair my sena to the spyder and also the phone to the spyder. Just don't pair Sena to phone.
    Is this correct?
    Yes. Makes controlling music and apps easy with the joystick.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Yes. Makes controlling music and apps easy with the joystick.
    Thanks. Will try this out today.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6