Spyder Garage

Default applause for factory installer.

Just removed the factory exhaust off of my 2019 F3L. I put on an RLS Crusher I came across on FB marketplace. Love the look and the sound with the CAT delete pipe from Baldwin Ironworks. What I did not love was the removal of the exhaust hanger bolt. On the old man scale it was a Three large men and two small boys required removal scale.

Well played Mr. Factory installer......Well played.

John

Spyder Garage

Understand totally. Pulled both front wheels on my F3S Daytona today for tire replacement. Took all my strength pushing with my foot on my 1/2” drive ratchet to get the first lug nut loose on right wheel. However, no joy on the next two. Called on my Kobalt 24v 1/2” drive electric impact. Still no joy on #2. Then #3 reluctantly came loose, and finally, after a full 2 seconds of the impact hammering, #2 did come loose. That was WAY over spec. The three nuts on the left were plenty tight, but nowhere NEAR like the right side. Musta had a Sasquatch installing wheels on the line that day ...

White 2015 F3-S SE6 - “Gypsy” (hers)
    Yellow 2017 F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 (his)

Spyder Garage

BC Newell,

I believe Spyders are shipped without the wheels installed. So that means the gorilla that tightened them works for the dealership. At least that was the case with my 2017, which had the opposite problem, the lugnuts were only hand tight. Yes, all three of them, on the right side!
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

the lugnuts were only hand tight. Yes, all three of them, on the right side!
    Y'know, I think that stuff probably happens more than most people realize. Here's what I think is the cause: It happens when more than one person is performing a single task. Each one assumes the other one completed a given step sometimes, resulting in that step not getting done! Best practice would be to have only one person do it all, that way he knows every step gets done.

I owned a house for 44 years, wherein for 30-35 years we could occasionally smell gas in the kitchen. When we were replacing the worn-out wall oven, the installers discovered the copper gas-line connection buried under the cabinetwork was only hand tight, and had never been wrenched.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl