Spyder Garage

Default What are the frunk & trunk weight limits?

Just bought 2022 F3L What is a reasonable weight limit for the frunk & trunk? Asking 'cuz I would like to go bowling & take my (bowling) balls in the spyder. Size wise they will fit, but not sure about the weight. We're talking 3 - 14lb balls. Of course I'll make sure they don't roll around. Any thoughts?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2to3 View Post
    Just bought 2022 F3L What is a reasonable weight limit for the frunk & trunk? Asking 'cuz I would like to go bowling & take my (bowling) balls in the spyder. Size wise they will fit, but not sure about the weight. We're talking 3 - 14lb balls. Of course I'll make sure they don't roll around. Any thoughts?
    put each in a different compartment ...... PS The Spyders have weight stickers for every compartment in EVERY compartment ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

You should be able to fit 2 bowling balls up front and 1 in top case without issues. The shoes and crying towel can keep the balls from shifting. The RT frunk is good for 35 lbs. I don't know the top case RECOMMENDED max but a 16 lb ball shouldn't be a problem. Bags will be a tough fit.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-16-2022 at 12:52 AM. Reason: frunt - frunk %-)
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    You should be able to fit 2 up front and 1 in top case without issues. The shoes and crying towel can keep the balls from shifting. The RT frunt is good for 35 lbs. I don't know top case RECOMMENDED max but a 16 lb ball shouldn't be a problem.
    Bags will be a tough fit.

Thanks for the replies. Didn't know about the weight stickers I figure a roller bag can be tied down to the passenger seat. If not, I'll just fold up the soft carry bag & use it to keep stuff from moving around.

Spyder Garage

If you put too much weight on the passenger seat the nanny will think you're 2-up and be more sensitive to your riding 'style'. Maybe spread the roll-up across the seat?

Or a platform spanning the seat pad...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-16-2022 at 12:53 AM.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Sorry, I wasn't too clear....if I tie down the roller bag, it will be empty....bowling balls in frunk & trunk! Really not sure I could lift a loaded bag onto the seat.