Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Sounds like you should start your own 'spyderhaters' website----

Sorry you've had such a bad taste over these issues.

I still love my Spyder and will continue to ride it without worrying about such problems--- then again I just don't worry about much--- life is too short.
    Well in my case, I had my wife on the back when the steering was acting up, and the only thing I could think of was; Let us get home to our two kids safely. I just could not get it out of my mind that our two kids who are 2&5 are counting on us. So glad you can afford the devil may care attitude, others my have different circumstances.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
    Well in my case, I had my wife on the back when the steering was acting up, and the only thing I could think of was; Let us get home to our two kids safely. I just could not get it out of my mind that our two kids who are 2&5 are counting on us. So glad you can afford the devil may care attitude, others my have different circumstances.
    To be honest --- I'm single and don't have any kids--- If I had young kids- I wouldn't ride any MC ---- including the Spyder. I'm fortunate that my priories only involve me at this time.

If your steering is acting up--- get it checked out ASAP.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Maybe people should be "scared away" from buying a spyder right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm all for sharing various opinions - and contrary to what at least 3 out here think--- I'm not trying to moderate anything. You have strong opinions that are currently very negative - and I'm of the opinion that it's not constructive at all. So be it.

If you have problems - by all means - post about them - but stating generic things like 'the Spyder is a maintenance nightmare' without really telling your reasons behind that opinion doesn't really help anyone.

Sorry if SMY, RD and HDX (does he own a Spyder?) have actually had such problems--- but without you actually stating what you have personally had happen - those problems and what was or was not done - you just come across as chronic complainers.

ALL opinions should be shared --- good and bad --- but why not give some credence to your statements with some history of why you feel the way you do?

Just seems the 3 of you are really anti-BRP right now - and maybe with good cause - but I don't see you doing much to help things with such negative generalized statements.

How many people have you scared away from getting a Spyder this week?

Funny how Brian and Deb are the two actually being affected right now with two Spyders in the shop - but you don't hear them complaining as loud as some out here that are still on the road.

Even with the problems I've had (which have all been fixed) - I love the Spyder and will recommend it to people. Anything I had issues with was covered under the warranty. My longest shop visit was 7 days.

Firefly, your posts just grate me sometimes.

You have some good posts, but you need to stop riding BRP's jock so much. These are real people, with real issues, and real families that will miss them when they meet the front grill of the Kenworth.

I see you in here with your comments. "Stop bashing BRP" Dude they need to be bashed!! You think these corporate types just recall something of their own good-will out of concern for the customer? Of course not, that hurts the bottom line and no one likes that.

You seem to demonstrate more empathy for BRP the corporation and their brand name sometimes than you do for the people here whom have almost lost their lives due to these failings, me being one of them.

Even after my issue is fixed I will remain outraged until every single one of these issues for ALL SPYDER OWNERS. I wish this on no one.

When these bikes run well, they are the most fun. No denying it.
    Last edited by jsmiley; 11-27-2009 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Little too much passion in it. Need to tone it down.

Spyder Garage

Man i don't even know you and I'm done with you !!!!

You are posting a month after the fact and thats fine . But to personally slam a member weather he is right or wrong is so wrong in so many ways !! State your opinion, thats your right but leave personalities out of it thank you very much !!!
    Happy Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Man i don't even know you and I'm done with you !!!!

You are posting a month after the fact and thats fine . But to personally slam a member weather he is right or wrong is so wrong in so many ways !! State your opinion, thats your right but leave personalities out of it thank you very much !!!
    Point taken. I toned it down a bit. Feeling to much for all those that have had these near death experiences and having had it myself, admittedly may have had me a bit emotional on the subject.

I care nothing for the the reputation of BRP as compared to the lives of fellow ryders.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jsmiley View Post
    Point taken. I toned it down a bit. Feeling to much for all those that have had these near death experiences and having had it myself, admittedly may have had me a bit emotional on the subject.

I care nothing for the the reputation of BRP as compared to the lives of fellow ryders.
    Gotta watch it in here - people get offended easily. That is why I don't post much about nothing anymore. Just keepin it light.

Spyder Garage

Those involved in the argumentative posting on this (and some other threads) thread have made amends and moved on.

No need to rehash the past and bring it all up again.

Apologies were made on all sides and we've moved on.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Way2Fast

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Gotta watch it in here - people get offended easily. That is why I don't post much about nothing anymore. Just keepin it light.
    Who really gives a flying F--K about who gets offended here. For anyone to stop posting or to tone down their valid complaints because someone might be "offended" is doing a disservice to those who are unaware of a potentially deadly problem with Spyder vehicles. If the rose smellers don't want to hear about any valid complaints pertaining to their Spyder love, just avoid reading the posts. Just because it appears that BRP "fixed" a few of the vehicles that exhibited steering problems doesn't mean that all is well. How many other owners will loose control of their rides and not be as fortunate as those who avoided injury and were able to post here. Until BRP does a recall on ALL vehicles with a possibly defective DPS, the topic should remain open.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Amends being kept. But I am learning to pick and choose my battles and friends in here.

Nuff said.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 0228lisa View Post
    This thread scares the hell out of me. I was a confident rider sometimes in excess of 100 miles per hour (rarely) but my speed demon manner will have to wait until these steering issues are resolved. And please, it's my choice to rider her hard so please don't start the lectures. We all die someway but hopefully not at the hands of BRP.
    No lecture here. If you can't do tripple digiits you can't ride with Lamont. So I twist the throttle and figure we'll drop below 100 when we get low on fuel!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default DPS recalls on the 2010 ATV's

:35 PM
    Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
    Member No.: 9,221
    Your Ride: 2010 Outlander 800r XTP

here is the letter on the pw steering
    Attached image(s) Reduced: 88% of original size [ 578 x 578 ] - Click to view full image