Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I agree, Triker, but on the later models with led headlights, the bag performs the function of self levelling the headlights to avoid blinding oncoming traffic. (Just an aside in case someone decides to disconnect their bag on later Mandela once they install M2, Elka, Icon shocks)

Pete
    Never disconnected my compressor. The ride height is the same. Now changing the headlights like mot do will need an adjustment.

Spyder Garage

I am running a set of stage2's on the front of my RTL! I feel that it was some of the best money I have spent on the bike, I soon will be putting a rear Elka on also, my 2012 rtl came with the auto air system in the rear, the compressor craped the bed on me and I found out that they have a very crappy shock on the rear of these bikes also, so it's on my bucket list to put a good shock back there also! The air bag is a manual fill system, works for me and is a lot more dependable!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I'm running Elka Stage 2 shocks all around plus the Baha Ron Swaybar on my 2021 RTL and it handles about as good as you can get a Spyder to handle. It definitely corners better than stock. I ride with a guy that rides a 2021 Goldwing and I don't have a problem keeping up with him and he pushes it pretty hard sometimes. It still requires body english if you are going to really push a Spyder through the twisties, even with my setup.

Last month I took a trip to the Ozarks. I rode many of my favorite roads that I used to ride on 2 wheels and the Spyder handled it just fine. I was easily able to push it above my driving limits for sure and kept a pretty good pace whenever I wanted to. I only had one weird instance where I was going pretty hot through a right hand turn and there was a pretty large crack all the way through the lane that caused one or both tires to hop off the pavement. Given my speed and the angle of the turn the nanny kicked in and a brief tap of the brakes (I didn't slam them on) had the front tires locked and I ended up sliding over the yellow line a few inches. It was weird and the only time anything like that has ever happened to me. I'm sure it would have been worse with the stock shocks as they probably would not have responded as well to the obstacle. I couldn't figure out what locked up the front brakes. I don't blame the shocks and more blame speed and that goofy crack/bump/obstacle in the road....and the nanny. I slowed down after that taking it as a sign I was pushing things a little too hard.

I would buy Elka's again for sure. I have not had any problems whatsoever with mine and the handling has been superb.
    Last edited by DanDanTMM; 10-16-2022 at 02:00 PM.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic