GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Hopefully a fix for difficult to open side bags on 2020-2021 RT.

After 2 years of frustration with adjusting the cables, lubing the cables and pushing with my leg to open my side bags, they locked up tight and nothing would work to get them open. My dealer took the cables out and there was so much rust on them it's no wonder they wouldn't work. He called BRP and BRP replaced them with stainless steel cables that aren't suppose to rust. Labor and parts cost $200, but BRP covered it under my extended warranty and all I had to pay was the $50 deductible. Part # 708003379 for the cables. They open easily now. Time will tell if it will be a permanent fix.
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Spyder Garage

Can the cables be seen without taking the Spyder into the dealer? I'll take a look at mine. They've been acting up lately.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cohoff View Post
    After 2 years of frustration with adjusting the cables, lubing the cables and pushing with my leg to open my side bags, they locked up tight and nothing would work to get them open. My dealer took the cables out and there was so much rust on them it's no wonder they wouldn't work. He called BRP and BRP replaced them with stainless steel cables that aren't suppose to rust. Labor and parts cost $200, but BRP covered it under my extended warranty and all I had to pay was the $50 deductible. Part # 708003379 for the cables. They open easily now. Time will tell if it will be a permanent fix.
    New " Stainless Steel " cables .... I have my doubts about that ..... I have a 14 RT and last year I took the tupperware off and ADJUSTED the cables on both sides. .... they were dirty but zero Rust ..... this was at 64,000 mi ..... good luck .... Mike

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Scotts8826 View Post
    Can the cables be seen without taking the Spyder into the dealer? I'll take a look at mine. They've been acting up lately.
    Sorry, I don't know. I had my my dealer do it.
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg