Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskaherb View Post
    I'm interested! Please PM me, I've had issues with my connection
    I read the details...this would be a great deal for anyone interested in a twin 998...don't be discouraged about maintenance or heat issues -this would be a great bike for any Spyder rider.
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davev1pa View Post
    I read the details...this would be a great deal for anyone interested in a twin 998...don't be discouraged about maintenance or heat issues -this would be a great bike for any Spyder rider.
    Heat issues? From watching the YouTube video it sounds like he did the upgrade to fix that issue?

Also with tbe 998 instead of the newer 1330’s. I imagine its not QUITE as powerful….but gets better MPG perhaps?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono00 View Post
    Heat issues? From watching the YouTube video it sounds like he did the upgrade to fix that issue?

Also with tbe 998 instead of the newer 1330’s. I imagine its not QUITE as powerful….but gets better MPG perhaps?
    The V twins were NOT known for fuel mileage...They liked higher RPM's to keep in the power band...The 2012 RT's were the BEST year for the V twin RT's...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    The V twins were NOT known for fuel mileage...They liked higher RPM's to keep in the power band...The 2012 RT's were the BEST year for the V twin RT's...

Do you happen to know what the average MPG was on this model? Not that I’m super concerned with that but always good to know

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you happen to know what the average MPG was on this model? Not that I’m super concerned with that but always good to know
    Don't know...I have a 2014/1330...Before that it was a 2008 GS...I'm sure someone with a V twin RT will speak up...

I have a friend that's looking for exactly what Caddy has "For Sale"...I called her earlier and I'm awaiting her return call...This is a BARGIN, and within driving distance for us...larryd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    Don't know...I have a 2014/1330...Before that it was a 2008 GS...I'm sure someone with a V twin RT will speak up...

I have a friend that's looking for exactly what Caddy has "For Sale"...I called her earlier and I'm awaiting her return call...This is a BARGIN, and within driving distance for us...larryd
    well feel free to uh…not answer the phone if she calls back lol

Spyder Garage

At 55 mph 35-36 mpg at 65mph 32-33. IMHO...this bike is a helluva deal....get it
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davev1pa View Post
    At 55 mph 35-36 mpg at 65mph 32-33. IMHO...this bike is a helluva deal....get it
    Allegedly someone was up for it and backed out of the deal, then between speaking with him and trying to setup a day, that previous offer re entered for the deal, so I’m low key hoping that guy backs out again lol