Spyder Garage

Default Sheepskin Seat Covers - Need Opinions and Advice

Hi All, I just ordered a full Misty Mountain Sheepskin Seat Cover for my 21 RTL. Testimonials are strong and I wanted to see if it made a difference. Full report after I get it this weekend.

Who else has them (or something similar)? I have some specific questions -

What is your opinion of them?
    Can you feel a heated seat through them?
    Do you take them off if it is going to rain?
    Do you use them year round?

Thanks all,

David
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a Misty Mountian in black. I like it very much. Don't have a heated seat and I try my best not to ride in the rain. It would be a bundle to pack up and stow away if you removed it. I run mine year round. It's never hot and it's never cold. I think I'd buy a cover for the rain in place of removing it if you were out on the road somewhere. If you were home I'd just take it off.

Spyder Garage

Alaska Leather Sheep skin on my bike and also several previous bikes. I don't leave home without it! A bit of added padding but, more importantly, cooler in summer and warmer in winter. If I ever get into a rainstorm, it goes into the boot..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I have a Misty Mountian in black. I like it very much. Don't have a heated seat and I try my best not to ride in the rain. It would be a bundle to pack up and stow away if you removed it. I run mine year round. It's never hot and it's never cold. I think I'd buy a cover for the rain in place of removing it if you were out on the road somewhere. If you were home I'd just take it off.
    What he said! I agree, I have the MM sheepskin on my Spyder.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-01-2022 at 12:41 AM. Reason: ' 's ;-)
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Spyder Garage

IMG_6528.jpg found at Bass Pro back in 15 (may not carry anymore ) universal ATV seat cover has elastic loops all around edge & Velcro straps to loop through just about anywhere. Is on 24/7 rain/shine. Got it after seeing a cat taking a nap on the seat, wanted something to help protect from possible claws.IMG_1862.jpg googled found this:
    https://atv-tek.com/products/comfort...seat-protector
    Last edited by Bfromla; 06-01-2022 at 04:08 AM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I have the full Misty Mt on mine as well. Plus I just bought a sheepskin cover for my Utopia backrest. I have to update my picture though. That was taken before I got the cover. I love it. No more swamp butt or sweaty back. I do however remove it when I wash the bike. I don't ride in the rain much so no worries there.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I have the Alaska Leather on mine, it works great! Yes you can feel the heat from a heated seat through it.
    I remove mine if I think it's going to rain.

If you want one of these use the code deadsheep for a 10% discount.

One word of caution if you have a Utopia backrest, do not buy a cover for it from them as it will not fit. It is too small.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Alaska Leather Sheep skin on my bike and also several previous bikes. I don't leave home without it! A bit of added padding but, more importantly, cooler in summer and warmer in winter. If I ever get into a rainstorm, it goes into the boot..... Jim
    Me too. Don't have a heated seat...but am guessing not to effective, due to the insulating factor of the sheepskin.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have an Alaska Leather sheepskin pad for the air-cooled 2003-2009 Ducati Multistrada's that I purchased used about ten years ago on the Ducati forum. https://alaskaleather.com/collection...epskin-buttpad
    It worked well on the Ducatis and also fits the rider seat portion of both my 2009 Spyder GS and equally well on the 2021 RTL. Almost like it was custom made for those applications. It also works well on the passenger saddle of the 21RTL.
    I like the added comfort, as well as the half inch or so of extra height in gives. Nice to be able to switch it out in seconds for a change as well.
    I don't use it in the rain (don't ride in rain much) and haven't used it with the heated seat on the RTL, although it would probably help. I think it is best for comfort and the the added cooling in the heat. Very worthwhile addition...for the Multistrada and now the Spyder. Will be ordering a second one soon to have for both rider and passenger.

Spyder Garage

Can't speak about Misty Mountain, but I recently bought an Alaska Leather sheepskin for my F3S seat. Super plush and firm. It's gonna be nice on my longer trips.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I have used The Sheepskin Factory in Denver CO on two Spiders and three motorcycles. Great products using genuine top grain sheepskin. Great to work with.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

I love using a sheepskin on my bike. It keeps me cool in the summer and my butt warm on cooler days too! With my sheepskin, I feel I have no need for a heated seat!