Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I just called my dealer about this recall.
    The service guy said the fix is pending, as in they can't do the recall service until further notice.
    He also said to avoid riding it until they get to it, like maybe next December?
    Sorry, that ain't happening :-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by adipaola View Post
    I just called my dealer about this recall.
    The service guy said the fix is pending, as in they can't do the recall service until further notice.
    He also said to avoid riding it until they get to it, like maybe next December?
    Sorry, that ain't happening :-)
    Your dealer is full of crap. Once the dust starts to appear you still have a long ways to go till it drastically shows. If it’s covered front and back and really evident then worry. As a side note there is not a single dealer that knows the exact fix. BRP hasn’t released it. It’s a service bulletin still for them with the recall stated. The temporary fix that was to be released at the end of June is not being released now. The recall will be released late august-October. As for parts don’t expect them anytime soon. I ordered a part last October 20th. It has been pushed back 6 times. The last was July 22. Now it’s October 12th. All new release dates on 2022 spyders that were to arrive July 12th or 22nd are now pending. The spyder line is done with production august 1st. The sled production was scheduled to start July 1st and is now pushed back to the 20th. These dates have already been released. So since the sprockets and most parts are made overseas don’t expect them in anytime soon. If it’s a true problem for you get a new sprocket put on, contact BRP for the refund. It states it black and white on the recall. Ride it, and don’t even worry about it unless there’s a lot of dust showing.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 06-24-2022 at 03:11 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    So since the sprockets and most parts are made overseas don’t expect them in anytime soon.
    See my post #76 - the white sprocket is stamped "Made in the USA"

T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by T.P. View Post
    cast into the side of the updated white sprocket, MADE IN THE USA

T.P.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-24-2022 at 09:40 PM. Reason: ...st#7... & quote . ;-)