Spyder Garage

Default After suggestions on Cleaning black body parts?

Suggestions for cleaning/renewing the black body parts?

Thanks

Spyder Garage

I've used Back to Black with some success - easy to find. Also, Pierre at canamspyderaccessories,com has a short video covering a product he uses and sells.
    2015 Spyder RT-S (Arion) and 2021 RTL Sea to Sky (charming wife)
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Here is what I use and it works great...and not just on the black parts.

https://lucasoil.com/Lucas-Slick-Mist-Speed-Wax/

Spyder Garage

I hand wash all my vehicles. Bucket of water with some Wax Carnauba Wash & Wax. A soft brush a 3M Doodlebug White Cleaning Pad 8440, and a rag. The pad is great on those bars for getting the dried bugs off without scratching, finish off with the rag. Finally I wipe down with a microfiber towel.

Cleaning is a bit like an oil thread. Some dont or hardly ever clean and others power wash.

Spyder Garage

I use a foaming bottle on my pressure washer such as this https://www.amazon.com/DUSICHIN-SFL-...s%2C230&sr=8-6.

Then I use 1/3 Tide, 1/3 Purple Power Degreaser, 1/3 Blue Dawn. Spry the foam covering the bike, let sit for a few minutes, and rinse. Then I use a Leaf Blower to dry. No need to Scrub.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Whatever you decide to try, DO a less visible area first and give it a while to see if it eats the plastic. I hate it when that happens.

I'm a fan of Meguiar's quick detailing spray. Quick and clean. Cleans most everything and leaves no streaks.

** I'd personally avoid the risk of using a pressure washer. Lotsa sensitive bits on motorcycles that don't take kindly to that sort of abuse.
    Last edited by sKiZo; 05-14-2022 at 01:57 PM.
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

wow, some of you spend a heck of a lot more time than me cleaning your bike. I rinse it with a hose and wipe it with a rag. It's going to get dirty as soon as I start it again. I let my nephew ride it in my field last night and it has grass and mud on it.

For the guy mixing degreaser and dawn, dawn has a degreasing agent in it.

Many pressure washers can be adjusted with various meg nozzles to get the pressure wherever you want it, from 500 psi to almost 4k, just consult a nozzle chart. Now if you bought a harry the homeowner junk unit from HD or Lowes , or one of those crappy electric jobs, well you got what you paid for. I wash my zero turn, truck, trailer, tractor, etc with my PW all the time and never strip paint off, or damage anything, well except for my new kicks I forgot to change out of prior to washing.

Spyder Garage
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

The best stuff I've ever used is the Black Dymond Trim Renew sold by Lamonster Garage. I've tried lots of products over the years and so far it works better than others. Also used it on my cars with very good results.

Spyder Garage

I've been using Turtle Wax Trim Renew on all the matte finish. Very happy with it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sKiZo View Post
    Whatever you decide to try, DO a less visible area first and give it a while to see if it eats the plastic. I hate it when that happens.

I'm a fan of Meguiar's quick detailing spray. Quick and clean. Cleans most everything and leaves no streaks.

** I'd personally avoid the risk of using a pressure washer. Lotsa sensitive bits on motorcycles that don't take kindly to that sort of abuse.
    Meguiar's quick detailing spray works for me too. Also Turtle spray wax can be use as well.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

See "Joel the biker" posts about these products...Turtle Wax, Ceramic Spray Coating--Green label & Ceramic Spray Detailer--Reb label...Joel REALLY LIKED the product...larryd

Spyder Garage

Note to anyone contemplating a body wrap - a lot of these cleaner/polishes can be almost impossible to remove completely for good adhesion on the wrap. That said, I've done some decals made of the same type material and haven't watched them flutter away in the rear views, eh.

Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190