Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    spyderlover2

Quote Originally Posted by jabba11 View Post
    10 or less sounds about right for now.... depends on how good my gear holds up!!

thanks jabba11! i am thinking of moving back to Kansas! i think riding the Spyder in winter would be similar to riding a snow mobile! just as long as we ride with the right weather tight gear and keep warm with other kinds of gear that will accomplish that, then we should be able to ride all year long! well, i dont think i would be riding in a blizzard but i have been known to do odd things too so who knows! i just get concerned more about the cagers out there more than my skills! they dont have all of the technology that the spyder has!

Spyder Garage

Well I must admit, the couple times I have been caught in the rain, I was amazed at how well protected I was. Seems like the only things that got a little wet were my knees, hands, and top of my helmet.
    Karen

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MizMuffet View Post
    Well I must admit, the couple times I have been caught in the rain, I was amazed at how well protected I was. Seems like the only things that got a little wet were my knees, hands, and top of my helmet.
    What type of windscreen do you have on your Spyder?

Obviously it is something different than the stock one, or the sport touring one for that matter. I have the sport touring on mine, and the water runs straight down my chest and and onto my contact area with the seat, and my arms are fully exposed as well. So, unless I can stay at a speed over 55 or so I get drenched.

Spyder Garage

I have the Corbin Fleetliner fairing with 10" windscreen.
    Karen

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i agree with MIz's statement here too. I have a calsci large and thats about correct for me too. the only time I get really wet is sitting in a pouring rain
    2009 phantom 424 of 500! Another Happy Spyder owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thursday I was riding just after a heavy rain and the roads were often covered with wet pine needles- slippery as can be and enough to scare the bejeezus out of me on 2 wheels, but on the Spyder I was pretty comfortable. I took it a little easy but pushed enough to feel things slipping and I felt like I was in control and safe at all times.
    Much better than a 2 wheeler in adverse conditions. I look forward to some winter riding- I sold my car so it's going to happen.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MizMuffet View Post
    I have the Corbin Fleetliner fairing with 10" windscreen.
    Thanks for the info.

I participated in a poker run today, to benefit the Toys for Tots, and we got rained on again. It wasn't a downpour or anything, so I did not even bother with the rain gear this time. I tried to make myself as small as I could behind my windscreen, and that is not an easy task at all.