Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question

Congratulations on finding and fixing the problem.

I took a quick look for that 14-position connector and the only thing I could find was under the seat. Basically its for the radio etc entertainment electronics mounted in the seat area. There are two white wires -- those are CANBUS. Is that the connector you pictured?
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

I was afraid that might be the case and I didn’t just temporarily fix it. I’ll look at it and see. It’s on the front left if that helps.
    I did unplug most of the connectors I could find and put dielectric compound on them so maybe I fixed the problem that way 🤷*♂️
    Last edited by Pictreed; 09-08-2023 at 05:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

Everything was running great when it was apart but after changing the oil and reassembly now I'm getting the P1172 code. It's intermittent flashes on the bottom screen so I'm hoping a vacuum line is loose but my wife was reading where people have been replacing them since they're not clamped.

Advice welcome...

Thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As I recall you already have fuel injection cleaner, etc in the gas tank. If you don't smell gasoline and you don't see any signs of gasoline leaks (double check the fuel filter and gas tank top areas) then ride it for a hundred miles or so keeping the RPM above 3,500. I'm not concerned about canister purge valve. My concern is fuel pump and pressure regulator aren't functioning properly so riding it will give the additives a chance to work their magic.

Spyder Garage

Ok, I'll try that. The smell is like a carbon monoxide smell but amplified if that makes sense.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My experience is the exhaust smells rich until the ECM goes closed-loop. Give your Spyder some time and miles to reset ECM and TCM short- and long-term trims. I'm not concerned about the MAPTS and throttle body and the fuel injectors should clean themselves with cleaner and good gasoline. It's the gummy residue in the fuel pump and pressure regulator that concern me. Hopefully you have good luck.

Spyder Garage

It was scheduled at the shop for brake bleed and rear tire. They said the codes were coming from the fact that the fuel lines were falling apart. Not sure how but codes are gone and they replaced all the fuel lines with a newer grade to match the small piece i did. It runs great now but I need to balance the front tires. I think it lost all the wheel weights.

Spyder Garage

Sorry Pictreed. I lost track of this thread. If you purchased our ignition wire kit we will take it back. If the customer calls us, we always ask what bike they have. But if they order it on line, we just ship it out without question. All of our listings describe the kit as only applicable to the V-Twin Spyder models.

I wish I had come back to this thread earlier. It sounds like you may have clogged fuel injectors. We find this fairly often in 1330's which have sat, especially with ethanol fuel. Digging as deeply as you did, a sonic cleaning is a very good idea.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Sorry Pictreed. I lost track of this thread. If you purchased our ignition wire kit we will take it back. If the customer calls us, we always ask what bike they have. But if they order it on line, we just ship it out without question. All of our listings describe the kit as only applicable to the V-Twin Spyder models.

I wish I had come back to this thread earlier. It sounds like you may have clogged fuel injectors. We find this fairly often in 1330's which have sat, especially with ethanol fuel. Digging as deeply as you did, a sonic cleaning is a very good idea.
    Thank you but I ordered the kit from Spyder Boyz and they refunded it after I shipped it back. I've heard good things about your products and I'm looking forward to using more of them as we get into this more.

The Spyder runs good now. The only thing I'm looking at now is maybe the sway bars since it likes to hunt a bit in the front end. Not sure what the sway bars will cure but I hear they help...with something LOL.

The magic mirrors from La Monster are great even though one of the mounts was machined wrong and after a couple emails and a couple phone calls I still haven't heard anything so I had to fix it myself.
    Last edited by Pictreed; 10-10-2023 at 12:36 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A dash of Techron and and a fuel top off worked for me on previous motorcycles to smooth out the rough spots, never tried it on the Spyder though.