Spyder Garage

Default Anyone running Wilber or Hargon shocks? Thoughts & impressions?

Anyone running Wilber or Hargon shocks, if so what are your thoughts and impression of them.
    Just playing with the thought of putting on the rear for now.
    Some people are like Slinkies good for nothing but fun when tossed down the stairs

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrwog View Post
    Anyone running Wilber or Hargon shocks, if so what are your thoughts and impression of them.
    Just playing with the thought of putting on the rear for now.
    I know " Peteoz " has them .... PM Him - He may not read this thread ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-30-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

Do you mean Hagons? I have had both Wilber (BMW) and Hagons (Brit bikes and a vintage Suzuki) and I was very pleased with both. Whenever I find the need to change my Spyder shocks I will probably gile Wilbers a call.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I just installed a Wilber 640 HPA shock on the rear of my F3S. I bought it thru Ted Porter Beemershop. It took about (6) weeks to get from order-delivery. It is a beautiful shock and works awesome. It wasn't cheap at $1080/delivered, but it was same cost/cheaper than similar items by Elka/Race Tech. If you ride two up, the hydraulic preload adjuster is a must! Simply twist a knob to change preload rating. The shock is custom built to many of your specs by Wilber in Germany. I did inquire with Marcus at M2, but he was unable to build me a shock with a hydraulic preload adjuster. You won't be disappointed.
    https://www.beemershop.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I have the Wilbers 640 without the preload awesome shock!

Spyder Garage

I ran Wilbers front and rear with manual hydraulic adjustment for 4 years, MrWog…..they ran faultlessly during that time, and did the job to perfection. The only reason I didn’t get them for my new ‘21 RT was because the local shock dealer no longer stocked them for the Spyder (didn’t ask why), and I discovered a local(ish) Aussie manufacturer (Ikon), who had a product that was just as good (but without the hydraulic adjustment), and cheaper. They also are performing flawlessly

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red