Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default HUGE KUDOS TO SCHRONCE POWERSPORTS!

I'm from Florida, but I gotta tell you, the folks with 's in NC have a huge asset on their hands with Schronce Powersports in Taylorsville.

My story...
    Was with 6 other bikers on a trip for a week in NC, riding the Blue Ridge parkway and Tail of the Dragons, having a blast and proving to all the "other" types of motorcycles that the Spyder is something to be reckoned with on those twisties, lol and very true, but at the end of the day while on a normal road and our group was making a left hand turn, the fellow biker behind me, turning after me, was not paying attention, did not notice we were all making a right hand turn about 100 yards away, and hit his throttle while looking behind him for any oncoming traffic that might be approaching, slammed his Harley into my right side wheel. He totalled his Harley and sustained broken ribs and major bruising as he fell off his bike and both him and bike tumbled. I stayed on my bike as I had 3 wheels to balance on and received no bodily injuries...good job Spyder!
    Anyways, long story short, I had trouble finding a dealership that had the parts and mechanic that could work on my spyder, they either had no mechanic quilified or had to order parts which would take a long while and leave me stranded or taking a rental car back to Tampa.
    I made a call to Schronce Powersports in Taylorsville and spoke with the owner, Maggie I think? ( I am terrible at names, sorry) and told her what had happened. They understand when a person is in need and took great care of me. They took their only yellow spyder they had in stock, and used all the parts from their only demo and put on my spyder, put a new set of wheels on it, tire, all the parts needed. They ALSO did the update to the update which my local dealership does not have available yet and fixed my parking brake that I was having issues with. This was all completed in 1 day, leaving me the rest of the week to still enjoy my vacation and get back home.
    Terri the service writer was amazing to deal with, as was Dave and the others. I should also mention the technition on duty that day is VERY qualified to work on any of the BRP products. He also took note that my rear brake pad had been put on BACKWARDS by the last shop to work on it (not mentioning any names)..is that crazy or what?

I own 3 Spyders and wished Schronce was in my town to service them.
    If you are near them or not near them, it would be worth a drive to check them out, buy some gear, a Spyder, get service work done, etc, they really are the best and you just have to meet them in person to see how wonderful NC people truly are. Thanks Schronce!!

Spyder Garage

Let's hear more like this!
    The glass is half full.
    Mike Murphy
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mike3069 View Post
    It is great to hear a good news story like this one! Good for the folks at Schronce Powersports.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

WOW Kudos to Schronce Powersports

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mike3069 View Post

Spyder Garage

Now THAT is great service ! I've often wondered why some parts should take so long--- when they have them sitting right on the floor----- glad to hear of a dealer willing to go the extra mile.

Also glad you're okay--- hope the HD guy is too!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Wow! An awesome dealer! And... glad you are ok from that accident

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Wow! An awesome dealer! And... glad you are ok from that accident
    Hear, hear! And as to the guy who ran into him, what a D.F. move that was! Goes to prove once again that some of the most incompetent riders in the world lurk around the Dragon.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"