Spyder Garage

Default What's New for 2022 by Shawn Smoak...

Apologies if this was posted already (took a look and can't find it anywhere) but starting at 6:00 Mr. Smoak goes over some of the changes for 2022.

Cheers

Kevin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlVy...TheSmoaksVlogs
    2020 RT Limited - Chalk Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Just watched it the other day.
    2022 RT Limited Deep Marsala/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Shawn Smoak is a no nonsense motorcycle mechanic who knows everything Spyder. I think members of this forum should watch his expert advice,but that is my rant for today.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Shawn Smoak is a no nonsense motorcycle mechanic who knows everything Spyder. I think members of this forum should watch his expert advice,but that is my rant for today.
    There's more than a few people here that take issue with some of Shawn's expert advice.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    To me, Shawn always leaves something vague in detail on any of the clips I have seen, I like more of a "show me" like the Lamonster or Pierre videos. I need more DETAIL in my old age!........Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

“Well hello YouTube”
    “Luv ya , see ya, bye”
    2012 Viper Red RT-S (Sold)
    2020 Ryker Rally
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    There's more than a few people here that take issue with some of Shawn's expert advice.
    What is wrong with Shawn? I have seen his videos and he seems quite knowledgeable.
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    What is wrong with Shawn? I have seen his videos and he seems quite knowledgeable.
    The main issues that stick in my mind are Shawn's opinion of non-OEM tires, aftermarket lights (in all fairness they can cause problems if not installed correctly but Shawn has a "throw-the-baby-out-with-the-bathwater" opinion,) and using non-BRP oils and fluids.

As I said, it's only some things. I still have disagreements with people that think it's fine to start their bike every week during the winter and let it idle for 10 minutes or so; Shawn explains quite clearly why that's a bad idea.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    The main issues that stick in my mind are Shawn's opinion of non-OEM tires, aftermarket lights (in all fairness they can cause problems if not installed correctly but Shawn has a "throw-the-baby-out-with-the-bathwater" opinion,) and using non-BRP oils and fluids..
    This may have something to do with filming at work and getting a demo for use every year. There may be some type formal/informal contract in play.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My take away from the You Tube is BRP has improved the latch on the hard bags, I guess we shall see if they ever get to the show rooms. Those freaking latches on the 20's are a night mare. Some have suggested adjust the screw take up on the cable, nope doesn't work for me except sore fingers. So, it's an hour forty five to the dealer for inspection, take pictures for BRP fix approval, back home and wait for the call, then repeat the process. Hmmm, let's seen that's an hour 45 mins 3 times, that 5 hours 25 mins plus wait time, good times.