Spyder Garage

Default Where can I get a Belt Tensioner for an ST(s)?

I have been looking for a belt tensioner for my 2015 ST(s).....just recently started having a vibration at around 60-65. I've checked all the regular sponsors here with no luck. Anyone know where I can get one?

Spyder Garage

Have you tried first doing what others here have done to reduce/eleminate belt vibes be loosening the belt? Factory / shop specs have it too tight. Measured with a Krikit II, rear wheel on floor = 150 - 160, off floor = 140. I get a tiny bit of vibe aound 72 mph but it's easy to go a tad faster or slower to avoid it. It's free, easy and won't have te potential to hurt your belt.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

How worn is your rear tire, and has it lost a tire weight? If it's been fine until now, I would check those things first!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Have you tried first doing what others here have done to reduce/eleminate belt vibes be loosening the belt? Factory / shop specs have it too tight. Measured with a Krikit II, rear wheel on floor = 150 - 160, off floor = 140. I get a tiny bit of vibe aound 72 mph but it's easy to go a tad faster or slower to avoid it. It's free, easy and won't have te potential to hurt your belt.
    100% about lowering belt tension from BRP setting ..... IF you haven't had BELT VIBES all along , I seriously think it is not being caused by the Drive Belt NOW ..... I lowered my belt tension and the small amount of VIBES went away ..... and un-fortunately there have a few folks here who put a " Belt tension " device on their Spyder and IT FAILED and Destroyed the belt ( $350 to $ 600 if fixed by dealer ) ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Please try the above advice before installing tensioner, but if you do install one, use the new one from LaMonster, a sponsor on this site. Good luck.
    2021 Spyder RT-L - Asphalt Grey
    • Vredestein tires all around
    • Rolo Laser Alignment
    • Lamonster tire balancing rings/front
    • Lamonster Sway Bar
    • Lamonster belt tensioner
    • K and N air filter
    • Rear cowl - in place when you remove rear box

Spyder Garage

Smoothspyder has a high quality tensioner. It's a little more cost, but worth it.
    2014 RTL